New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kung totoong me emergency or meron scheduled patient i would agree with lifting the color coding for the doctor, and dentist as well=)

we do encounter some medico-dental trauma emergency especially if the dentist is a maxillo facial or oral surgeon.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I think I started a similar thread like this a couple of years ago. :lol:

Anyway, dyan din ako nagtataka... hehe.

Naalala ko yung comic strip ng Pugad Baboy before... gumawa sila ng pinakamalupit na "position" para maka exempt sa huli: "BARBERO NI ERAP" :rofl01:
    Hehehe! I remember that strip. Kokontrahin mo pa ba yun?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    But how can the traffic enforcer know na on emergency ang doctor?
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    But how can the traffic enforcer know na on emergency ang doctor?
    Me nakasabit sa kotse na " Doctor on Call " ... kaya huwag ng sitahin.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by silhouette View Post
    Eh yung mga naglalagay ng printed network station sa windshield? fot*h!
    OT: How about the following:
    - Press, Media IDs
    - Malacanang sticker
    - PNP sticker, at kung anu-anong PNP, pulis na ID na nakasabit
    - MMDA sticker
    - etc.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    BTT: IMO, dapat hindi na rin i-exempt yung mga doctors on emergency from traffic violations. Baka sa kakamadali din nila, may ibang aksidenteng mangyari. And I don't think their physical presence is required for real emergencies. Kasi kung talagang emergency yan (the ones that are really life-threatening), dapat sinugod na yan sa ospital or ambulansya ang pinatawag (not doctors arriving on their own personal vehicles). Kaya rin namang sigurong i-stabilize ng staff ng hospital yung patient bago dumating yung doktor.
    actually, the doctor is on his way to the hospital. it will actually take more time for the ambulance to pick him up from where he's at and bring him to the hospital. some cases na bigla kong naalala ay: natawag yung cardiac surgeon kasi may stab wound sa puso, natawag yung obstetrician at ang anesthesiologist kasi may buntis na nag-prolapse ang umbillical cord ng bata (in which case absolutely walang dugong pumupunta sa baby), natawag ang hepatobiliary surgeon kasi ruptured ang pancreas ng taong involved sa vehicular accident, natawag ang neurosurgeon kasi ang batang nahulog sa puno ay nag-bleed sa utak...

naalala ko din. ang mga priests ay exempted din sa color coding.

yung mga media people exempted din ata sa color coding.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Kaya rin namang sigurong i-stabilize ng staff ng hospital yung patient bago dumating yung doktor.
    question: do you mean stabilize the patient until after 7pm when the color coding is lifted? so kung ma-stab sa puso ang patient at say, 10am, can the staff stabilize the patient until past 7pm? or kung may pasyenteng nag-la-labor sa secondary hospital at biglang nag-fetal distress (pangit ang lagay ng baby) at 12nn, can the staff stabilize the patient till past 7pm? of course, the doctor will leave wherever he's at at 7pm and because of rush hour traffic, might make it to the hospital at 7:30pm or 7:45pm. by that time, i'm almost sure parang putik na ang amniotic fluid sa sinapupunan ng pasyente.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Correct.

Waiting for the ambulance wastes time. And sometimes, that extra thirty minutes to an hour could mean life or death. Do you know that a study done in the US shows that gang-members have a higher survival rate for gunshot wounds than ordinary civilians? It's because they don't do the polite thing and wait for the ambulance. They rush the victim to the hospital in the back of their vehicle right away, and they drive like it's a life-or-death thing.

For anesthesioligists, surgeons and cardiologists, it's important to be able to get to your patient quickly, at any time of the day. There's a reason certain doctors are rich... because of the high risk and stress of their particular specialty. When I was staying at my Tita's house when in college, it wasn't uncommon for her to leave for emergencies at odd hours. And it wasn't uncommon for one of her patients to pass away in the hospital when she wasn't there. Even if she isn't the surgeon, she has to be there to give assistance and advice. High risk, high stress talaga.

Medical service, at least, is a more valid reason than "Press" or "Media". But sometimes, police in civilian vehicles might need to break color-coding legitimately, too.

You can't do much about it... if it will be abused, it will be abused (just like ambulances used to fetch lechon, or fire trucks that use their sirens just to avoid traffic)... but if you're going to sacrifice a couple of patients to prevent a few freeloaders, I don't think that's a good trade-off.
    Last edited by niky; September 10th, 2007 at 09:31 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by themann View Post
    guys ano stand niyo dito.

dami ko kasi nakikitang may decal na MD sa plate number sa harap. as if may exemption sila sa color coding.

di naman dapat. super demanding naman sila. everyone should be above the law...
    What can I say, niky is right on the money.

And that decal/badge/marking is not only for being exempt from the UVVRP. For three generations, all of our vehicles have worn a badge to identify it as a doctor's vehicle. Eh, wala naman UVVRP noong 1946 diba?

One of the reasons for marking a doctor's vehicle is that the law, at least in writing, guarantees the doctor's vehicle the same rights as a fully-marked ambulance when responding to a medical emergency. As early as the second year of medical school, this will be taught already under the subject of Legal Medicine.

As for abuse, yes it is open to abuse. But would you waste more than 10 years of your life trying to be a doctor just to be exempted from the color coding? Maglagay ka na lang ng decal ng pulis o kaya TV station!

The only 'doctor' I know that loved abusing the UUVRP was NTV-777, and he got out of med school by the 2nd year so I don't think he counts.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    not everyone who responds to medical emergencies are doctors ...
    paano kaming mga biomedical engineers? when the medical equipment is down ... walang magagawa ang mga doctors while the patient is on the table.

it shouldn't just say MD ... but instead something like what they have in the U.S .... " Medical Emergency Response Vehicle " ....

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    We have so many doctors in our family and I know, to tell you the truth, 99% of the time, its not an emergency.

I also do not buy the idea na kesyo..baka mamatay na yung patient, etc. etc. Bakit? siya lang ba ang doctor sa ospital na yun? And I truly beleive na whether the doctor is there or not, if it was meant to be..then it will happen.

Its only sad na medyo na single out and doctors dito..but as far as I am concerned, whether Brain Surgeon, Architect, Engineer or isa kang simpleng Juan dela cruz...if you are trully on an emergency case..just put your blinkers on and honk your way through..even on a red light.

I think that the Color Coding rule is least of a concern when anybody is truly in an emergency..my 2 cents.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Being Doctor = Exempted Color Coding