New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJazz View Post
    stoplights are still intact, so basically traffic is the same as when they started construction.

hope to see an improvement when they start to remove the stoplights, especially the one before the intersection of kalayaan southbound which is for jeepneys doing a Uturn. ang gulo gulo ng mga jeep dito ..occupying 2-3 lanes of the northbound lane before doing a Uturn..
    The elevated U-TURN thingamajig was opened last friday night.

My comments:
    • BOTTLENECK at the egress point of the flyover! Those stupid jeepney drivers will try to pick up passengers at right side of the road and then try to muscle their way into the remaining 2.75 lanes under the flyover.
    • 2.75 lanes? I don't know if this is just an optical illusion... but... it seems that the egress point of the flyover ate up more than 2. The choke point seems to be only able to accomodate 2 cars comfortably, and 1 car almost close to the edge of the road.
    • Lane markers! IF you follow the lane markers, you'll hit the side of the road! :D

Actually, if the MMDA can enforce just a bit of discipline on those damned jeepneys, maybe the bottleneck situation at the base of the flyover can be avoided. Okay na sana.

I already tried the U-TURN. There's a big empty space doon sa turning point. Siguro next month may shanty na doon.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ang gulo gulo ng mga jeep dito ..occupying 2-3 lanes of the northbound lane before doing a Uturn..
    this is expected and will add justification to the idea that the setting up of the elevated u-turn is wrong/useless kung walang magbabantay sa point na yan. . .imagine, spending more for additional mmda staff dahil lang sa kawalan ng disiplina. . .

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    this is expected and will add justification to the idea that the setting up of the elevated u-turn is wrong/useless kung walang magbabantay sa point na yan. . .imagine, spending more for additional mmda staff dahil lang sa kawalan ng disiplina. . .
    more than infrastructures, IMHO, discipline is what we sorely need, from motorists to pedestrians.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I'm just thankful the construction has stopped. Passing the intersection in the southbound direction doesn't seem like a potential accident waiting to happen any more.

This was a good idea but I'm still not convinced the MMDA built it the right way. A few lanes disappeared irregularly from C5 just to make room for this...tsk tsk.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I'm just thankful the construction has stopped.
    Are there any plans of building the same elevated u-turn slot on the opposite side of C5? If so... then I guess we'd better brace ourselves for another 6+ months of dreadful traffic once the construction starts.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Hay! Bayani, May topak ka siguro.
    Hindi lang "SIGURO". Talagang may topak si TSERMAN BF.

Does it surprise me that BF has gone and done a stupid thing as the elevated U-Turn, of course not.

If Epifanio de los Santos were alive today, he would grab BF by the balls and kick the hell out of him.

What surprises me is that nag-sawa na ata si TSERMANG sa kaka renovate at pag pintura sa EDSA. I have seen EDSA from its humble beginnings as HIGHWAY 54 to what it is now. Then EDSA was a 4 Lane Gravel Highway with a 2 Lane service road on the sides. At least in the 60s, if you travel on one lane from Cubao you'd end up on the same lane in Pasay. Just try following one lane from Caloocan to Pasay. MAgugulat ka dahil huhulihin ka kasi nag "SWERVING" ka without changing lanes!!!

YES, KALAYAAN ELEVATED U-TURN is indeed a Fiasco. Why? Alam nyo naman sa metro-manila, pag nag-trapik sa isang kalsada, damay lahat.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    stoplights are still intact, so basically traffic is the same as when they started construction.

hope to see an improvement when they start to remove the stoplights, especially the one before the intersection of kalayaan southbound which is for jeepneys doing a Uturn. ang gulo gulo ng mga jeep dito ..occupying 2-3 lanes of the northbound lane before doing a Uturn..
    ok naman yung u turn kaso nga lang yung entry full of jeepneys waiting for their passengers. then yung pagbaba, trapik since kapag ng redlight na ayun ipon lahat ulet

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmykel View Post
    ok naman yung u turn kaso nga lang yung entry full of jeepneys waiting for their passengers. then yung pagbaba, trapik since kapag ng redlight na ayun ipon lahat ulet
    Last night, I passed by Kalayaan C5 on my way home (about 5:15 PM). I was surprised as the elevated U-turn has been operational. So far, the traffic flow was good.

:eat: [SIZE="1"]3660[/SIZE]
    Last edited by j_avonni; August 7th, 2008 at 12:10 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Are there any plans of building the same elevated u-turn slot on the opposite side of C5? If so... then I guess we'd better brace ourselves for another 6+ months of dreadful traffic once the construction starts.
    If I had things my way, the existing U-turn ramp would have been on the OTHER side of the C5-Kalayaan intersection. No doubt in my mind it's the busier part of the road; people make U-turns there because they want to turn left to Kalayaan, to the point of eating 2-3 other lanes.

Anyway, there's no stopping the MMDA from doing a sister U-turn ramp...on where it should have been in the first place. I just hope they do it right this time.

...Yun nga lang trapik na naman ito malamang
    Last edited by Type 100; August 7th, 2008 at 12:56 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    bad vibes talaga yan elevated u-turn na yan. makita ko pa lang nakakainis na. sana pinangatayo na lang nila ng bahay yan para sa mahihirap

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Bayani's Kalayaan Fiasco