New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    guys, pls download the file. ingat na lang tayo parati.

http://putstuff.putfile.com/73355/9808186

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Parang mali yung petsa. April 27, 2002?

The Kia Sorento only became available starting 2003. And the Lexus RX pictured there didn't come out until 2004.

Tapos may nakita pa akong black late-model Sentra dun sa last frame. 'Di ba 2005 lang lumabas yun?
    Last edited by Bogeyman; April 27th, 2007 at 05:57 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Either way, I don't get it. The Lexus looks like it broadsided the Kia. Being SUV's, the Kia that was broadsided rolled over. The Lexus hit it head on, so it did not roll over.

IMHO it's not a "fair" comparison. Bakit panalo yung crowd? Di ko gets yon.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Happened this noon. Kwento ng friend ko who works at the Urban Bank bldg.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Bakit panalo yung crowd? Di ko gets yon.
    Panalo sila bilang mga usisero, dahil parang nakapanood na naman sila ng libreng action movie.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ah, ok... mga "usi"...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ay! mali nga hehe 2007 dapat. kaninang tanghali lang yan. zuri...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    kahit kelan dami uzi. minsan kaya traffic gawa ng mga uzi.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    If the Lexus were broadsided, then it would have flipped just like the Sorento. Really no sense in comparing their crashworthiness in this case.

If you ask me, the winner is....the owner of the Sorento. His vehicle is totalled (and depending on the reliability of his insurance as well as age of his vehicle) he could be eligible for replacement or at the very least reasonable indemnification so he can get another new vehicle.

The loser is the owner of the Lexus RX bec. it would be difficult (and expensive) to find replacement parts (ie hood, bumper, headlights, etc), let alone a repair facility competent enough to repair with the same standards as the factory. Those parts would have to be flown in from abroad. Even if he managed to sort out the logistics behind the parts and having it repaired properly, the vehicle will never be the same again. I'm sure the front part of the monocoque body (the bar near the radiator) has been misaligned and would have to be pulled out.

my two cents.

Banggaan sa Makati