New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    To minimize air pollution, DENR proposes to ban 15-year-old cars - Motoring News

I dont know if its already posted here. We will be having a nightmare not just commuting public if its going to be strictly implemented. Taking into account PUBs and PUJs.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by povillo View Post
    To minimize air pollution, DENR proposes to ban 15-year-old cars - Motoring News

I dont know if its already posted here. We will be having a nightmare not just commuting public if its going to be strictly implemented. Taking into account PUBs and PUJs.

http://tsikot.com/forums/traffic-law...ld-cars-99636/

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Hmm, kasi kung strictly enforced lang yung emissions testing during registration, in theory there should be no need for this di ba?

i read an argument somewhere that holding on to old cars for 10-20 years may actually be more environment friendly; think about it, you need energy to produce a new car, on the other hand we are still reaping the benefits(environment-wise) of the initial investment made in the production of a 10-20 yo car.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    mods kindly merge the thread na lang

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    (Relatively) Old news, but still as stup1d!

Don't they have any statistics on the types of vehicles that contribute the most to air pollution? And if so, can't they go after them first?! You can't tell me that the PUVs on the roads are actually that "clean", unless it's a Green Frog bus!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Kelan po ba magiging standard ang Euro 4 sa Pinas? I think magiging ganun naman talaga in the future so yung mga oto na di papasa sa Euro 4 standard di na ma rerehistro.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345