New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Originally posted by chieffy
    lahat ng gas dito sa atin unleaded...difference nila is RON93 and Vortex Silver at RON95 ang Gold...Caltex claims that Vortex Gold has more cleaning additives that Silver...

mas recommended ang gasoline with higher octane rating for older vehicles...
    when can u say na "older vehicle" na yung ride mo?

100+k na ang mileage?
    10 or more years na?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hmm... ten years or 160k km, AFAIK... LOL...

older, carburated vehicles, and vehicles that are not running at 100% power anymore both benefit from higher octane... in addition, some older carburated vehicles (70s and older) may need lead additives every now and then to keep them in condition.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    so anu yung may lead additives na fuel??

petron XCS, GOLD and shell PREMIUM?

hehe kasi takot ako mag try, i heard kasi some fuel may lead pa for older vehicles...

sorry OT na

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I had a similar experience at Shell San Francisco Street (aka open canal) at Mandaluyong City.

I have been their regular customer for around 4 years now until the incident happened. May halong tubig ang velocity nila.

I had to have the whole gas tank drained. Worse, the station manager refused to acknowledge or at least refund my gasoline payment.

Ingat kayo dyan.

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    May lead additives pa din ba yung mga top fuels (Velocity,Blaze,Gold) ? Alam ko dapat unleaded na lahat pero may rumours pa din na hindi completely unleaded yung high octane gas.

Concerned din ako dahil baka masira yung catalytic converter ko....

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    exactly sir hagiber.. ang akala ko ang petron XCS, shell premium ang may lead additives...

sir ace, balita ko po, if pure shell naman ikaw lagi nag papagas, tapos nasiraan ka or something sasagutin DAW ng shell ang expenses.. but then panu naman nila malalaman na shell ka nga lagi hehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    mukhang urban legend yan ah... hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga tsong, ang "unleaded gas" ay wala na tetraethyl lead, kaya nga unleaded gas eh. xcs, blaze, velocity, gold, silver, etc, kahit na anong octane rating pa nyan - lahat ng ito puro unleaded na yan. ang gamit na octane enhancer ay methanol.

ang may tetraethyl lead na lang ay yung "REGULAR" gasoline, gamit ng mga motorcycle, farm hand tractors, small fishing boat engines, and OLD engines with stelyte-faced valves and valve seats. di kasi pwede sa unleaded ang mga ito.

for the most part, older (pre-1992) engines use leaded gas since the valves and valve seats are lubricated by the lead in the gasoline. using unleaded gas on these engines will result in premature valve failure due to lack of lubrication. lead is used both as octane enhancer and valve lubricant. NEW engines have a built-in lubricant on the valves and valve seats (that is why there is no more need to grind new valves on newer, post-1992 engines). the valves mostly are coated with an aluminum alloy and therefore do not need the lead in "leaded gas" as lubricant.

for engines equipped with catalytic converters, NEVER use leaded gasoline. using leaded gas on engines equipped with cats will result in failure of the catalytic converter. the cat can even sometimes explode if used with leaded gas (lead cloggs up the cat and creates excessive back pressure leading to bursting of the exhaust pipes and cat).

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by ace
    I had a similar experience at Shell San Francisco Street (aka open canal) at Mandaluyong City.

I have been their regular customer for around 4 years now until the incident happened. May halong tubig ang velocity nila.

I had to have the whole gas tank drained. Worse, the station manager refused to acknowledge or at least refund my gasoline payment.

Ingat kayo dyan.
    T***na naman. Lahat na lang ng pandaraya ginawa na nila. Kahit taas na nga sila nang taas, dugas pa. May issue na nga dati na kulang daw ang nilalagay na gas, ngayon naman diluted pa! Pucha, dapat masunog na sila sa sarili nilang gasolina!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sir yebo if thats the case... anu difference ngayon ng SHELL SUPER PREMIUM and SHELL Unleaded? they are both 93 RON... why mas expensive ang super premium

and ang petron XCS and Petron UNLEADED din i think is the same... hehe anu difference sa additives nila?

all the while i thought mga leaded gasoline pa ang XCS and super premium to cater to those older vehicles hehe kahit na alam kong pinagbabawal na peace..

sir chieffy sorry sa OT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
bad fuel?