New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    kaya important din talagang kumuha ng secong opinion..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    baka naman yung mga doktor sa TMC, may bad experience din sa HMO niyo TS

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    minsan din yung mga nurses. or was it the doctor?

dati kasi my kid was confined sa medical city ortigas for gastroenteritis, the before being discharged, the nurse gave us final instructions from the doctor. i-nebulize daw twice daily. nagtaka ako yun pala, para sa ibang patient yon.

despite that, i like the place and go there when needing medical attention. nga lang we've changed doctors.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Avoid HMO if you can. Get a medical insurance cover, it will be cheaper and the real thing. You can choose your own choice of doctors.

My bad experience is with intellicare.

They will advertise that they have presence in all these hospital in their guide book,
    but in reality their medical coordinator only holds clinic on Tuesdays and Thursday 10am to 2pm or whatever. You are on your own beyond these schedules. I am sure it is the same for all HMO's. Try it look for your medical coordinator. Schedule an appointment thru their customer service and you will see.

For eight years we were with an HMO. Now I know better.

My own choice of doctors and medical insurance on top of philhealth
    for me from now on.
    Last edited by mark_t; February 23rd, 2009 at 09:43 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aamd View Post
    Just to speak my mind.

No to Health Care Organizations!

This organizations are bad because they are money-centered organizations and curing people is but second to them. Surely, patients will not be cured nor treated correctly with this kind of setup. Similarly, doctors will not practice well as they deal patients more in quantity and not quality. In addition, doctors are payed on a fixed compensation, irregardless of the number of patients.

Yes to private practice of Doctors!

This way, accountability of doctors will be emphasized here. With this configuration, you would know who are the best and worst doctors around. And at the same time, if their Professional Fee is commensurate to the treatment a patient will undergo. Nowadays, Professional Fee in the consultation clinic ranges between 200 to 800 pesos.

Good Luck and be well!
    Sa France ganito.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have maxicare la rin kwenta Platinun pa ang plan ko

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i think there's at least a soft guideline to the doctors in medical city to do what's more than necessary (lab tests, suggest confinement, etc) for the patient. . .ilang beses ko na yang naexperience sa ermats ko. . .they suggested doing this and that after confirming na hmo card holder si ermats. . .servicewise, ok naman, the staff members are friendly. . .

and yes, maxicare sucks big time. . .'wag maniwala sa pinagsasasabi nila to get you to buy their product

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    A year ago, i went to medical city with a chief complaint of excruciating pain in my right upper abdomen and was diagnosed to have cholecystitis.

ER personnel have a hard time locating the accredited doctor of my healthcard and I spent 2 days inside the ER, actually it is a ward extension of the ER, because there is no available rm, according to them. I was surprised that all of us in that holding area are healthcard holder. Ive been a long time client of Med City and never did I experience such treatment, that is when I pay in cash.

2nd class client ka talaga sa Medical City pag may health card ka.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Can anyone recommend a good medical insurance provider? I might explore this path.

We've been a medicard member for at least 3 years. Before that, there was Pryce care and Intellicare.

So far, the experience with Medicard has been ok and if there's any inconvenience involved, we pretty much can tolerate it. To me, having an HMO is practical since in most cases, we've been able to get back almost twice the amount of the premium in medical expenses (mostly lab/pathology procedures).

And oh, the hospital we frequent is St. Lukes since Medicard has an office there that's open everyday.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good medical insurance provider? I might explore this path.

We've been a medicard member for at least 3 years. Before that, there was Pryce care and Intellicare.

So far, the experience with Medicard has been ok and if there's any inconvenience involved, we pretty much can tolerate it. To me, having an HMO is practical since in most cases, we've been able to get back almost twice the amount of the premium in medical expenses (mostly lab/pathology procedures).

And oh, the hospital we frequent is St. Lukes since Medicard has an office there that's open everyday.
    You have two options Bluecross or Monarch.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
BAD experience with Medical City