New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    that goes for everybody in the medical industry.

on the brighter side,we have people like dr Anderson Lim,who is doing a lot of good. specially for poor patients.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Depende din yan sa doktor...

I, for one, a Medicard-HMO member including all my family members, and never pa ako na-hassle or nagka-problema using our cards. And to mind, dyan lang kami sa Medical City nagpapa-checkup or confine all these years.

IMO, you have dealt with mga bulok na doktor, kung baga sa pulis eh sila ang mga kotong docs!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    imho.... its not the hospital per se, but with the doctor.
    +1 na timing na sa doctor na puyat nagpaconsulta
    but seriously Medical City is a good hospital

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako rin, all my sports injuries, my sister had dengue, all of them are in Medical City. over-all experience was good naman..

so just one bad experience with a doctor i think is unfair to brand the whole institution as bad. an edit of the thread title is in order. anyone?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    My friends work sa mga call centers and nung nag sign sila ng contract they needed to have a check-up sa medical city branch. We went to Med City sa SM. Gulat ako, yung mga friends ko na may low blood and even the ones na may hypertension and on maintenance drugs pinayagan mag work. Ok lang na pinayagan sila mag work pero dapat sana may note or letter silang ibigay sa call center informing them about the health issue and kung pwede sana bigyan sila ng less stressful schedule or maski gawin nalang silang irregular. Wala pang 1 month, 3 of my friends got sick and all of them were misdiagnosed. May TB daw yung 2 friends ko yung isa naman may UTI. Sinamahan ko sila sa St. Lukes and sa NKTI to have a 2nd and 3rd opinion and those 2 hospitals informed them they were misdiagnosed by med city. Plans of legal action is currently underway against the doctor/s who checked on them.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    In choosing an HMO I suggest to look for the very best coverage and yung maayos kausap. Because in times of need or say “taranta” na yung holder what more ang puwedeng sapitin? Maaring may slight difference ang treatment ng other hosp when it comes to HMO holder and cash payees why? Because some HMO’s are delayed or even barat in paying their accredited doctors, that’s why those lapses/errors happen but generally it shouldn’t be an excuse Kaya nga may sinumpaan sila eh in the end papasok dyan ang sincerity ng doctors.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Just to speak my mind.

No to Health Care Organizations!

This organizations are bad because they are money-centered organizations and curing people is but second to them. Surely, patients will not be cured nor treated correctly with this kind of setup. Similarly, doctors will not practice well as they deal patients more in quantity and not quality. In addition, doctors are payed on a fixed compensation, irregardless of the number of patients.

Yes to private practice of Doctors!

This way, accountability of doctors will be emphasized here. With this configuration, you would know who are the best and worst doctors around. And at the same time, if their Professional Fee is commensurate to the treatment a patient will undergo. Nowadays, Professional Fee in the consultation clinic ranges between 200 to 800 pesos.

Good Luck and be well!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    imho.... its not the hospital per se, but with the doctor.
    IMHO, parang din sinabi na it's not the resto, it's the server. Some kind of oversight must still be exercised by the hospital.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I've been a client of the Medical City for more than 4 years now. Doon ako nanganak, dun din ang pedia ko, 3 x na ako nagpaopera don. So far, wala pa akong kahit isang bad experience sa Medical City (Ortigas). Wala rin akong hmo pero ok naman ang experience ko. Hindi ko na mabilang ang ilang recommendations ko sa mga friends ko kasi very happy ako with the TMC.
    Ang dami ko naring trips to the ER and lahat ng nurses, resident docs and interns very nice and professional. Also, very safe ang area dahil may sariling compound unlike sa ibang hospitals.
    Dapat to get the best care, you should have an attending doctor that holds clinic there. My ob is an attending and the trainor of all OB residents there. My pedia is the head of the pediatrics department. My surgeon also holds a clinic there and an attending. Marami silang clients pero I always felt important whenever I see them. As far as price is concerned I think very reasonable ang charges nila. They advice that you do all the workup para sure.
    I've been to other hospitals and clinics and so far TMC is the only one that exceeded my expectations.

For reference here are the names of my docs:
    Dra. Rowena Rivera, OBGYN - Room 511, Dra. Elizabeth Palmero-Reyes, Pedia - Room 703
    Dr. Ozaeta, Surgery - 7th floor din,

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Brother ko din had bad experience sa ER ng TMC... Nag susuka na siya ng Dugo sabi sa kanya sa ER pahintay daw tatawagin ng Doctor... Tama ba yun? Kung ayaw nila ng HMO magkano ba sila?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
BAD experience with Medical City