New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    The common car can have up to seven fluids under the hood or under the car. Two of them get used up and leave the car in another state or form, but how about the fluids we drain and change? Are there procedures, facilities and systems in place to prevent the DIYers and shops to dispose of the waste fluids that end up in the sewers or ground? We live on the same earth and there is no substitute for her. Imagine the solution in China, air, ground and the bodies of water are at dangerous earth destroying levels.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Tinatapon lang sa kanal yan. I know some people and companies who will buy used fluids for recycling, but don't get your hopes up, they might use it for bunker fuel which will produce black smoke. Maybe meron nga government or privately owned facilities na nagre-recycle ng used fluids, pero I haven't heard of them. We just don't have the infrastructure that you seek. Even in the USA, where there are stringent laws on used oil disposal and facilities where one can dispose of it properly:

Americans who change their own motor oil throw away 180 million gallons of recoverable motor oil every year, while only 20 million gallons are recycled.

The United States generates a total of 1.3 billion gallons of waste oil each year of which 800 million gallons are recycled and 500 million are disposed of improperly.

Source: Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality
    Kung ganun sa Amerika, eh di ano naman na sa 'Pinas?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I bring all my used car fluids to a caltex service station near us.

Happy naman yung mekaniko sa service bay tuwing nagdadala ako used oil.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^+1

The least any DIY'er can do is to collect their old fluids and dispose them at the nearest gas station that has a service garage. Most, if not all of these stations follow strict policies on the proper disposal and requires them to have a recycling program for discarded fluids.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    I bring all my used car fluids to a caltex service station near us.

Happy naman yung mekaniko sa service bay tuwing nagdadala ako used oil.

ganyan din ginagawa ko....last year pa huli kong dispose sa kanila....

iniipon ko kasi sa isang malaking container ko para isang lakaran na lang.

regarding sa kung ano ginagawa nila dun sa binibigay ko na used oils e hindi ko na alam.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    ganyan din ginagawa ko....last year pa huli kong dispose sa kanila....

iniipon ko kasi sa isang malaking container ko para isang lakaran na lang.

regarding sa kung ano ginagawa nila dun sa binibigay ko na used oils e hindi ko na alam.
    Yung caltex sa amin, may bumibili daw sa kanila. Tapos yung bayad ang pingahahatian nila ng mga gas boy....

Ewan lang kung ano pa gamit nung bumibili sa kanila nun...

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Yung caltex sa amin, may bumibili daw sa kanila. Tapos yung bayad ang pingahahatian nila ng mga gas boy....

most likely e recycling...centrifuge, boiling, etc. kung anuman proseso ang ginagamit sa oil recycling.

tapos maari nilang ibenta uli siguro at much lower prices as base oil na lang. or dagdag ng additives uli.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    most likely e recycling...centrifuge, boiling, etc. kung anuman proseso ang ginagamit sa oil recycling.

tapos maari nilang ibenta uli siguro at much lower prices as base oil na lang. or dagdag ng additives uli.
    baka they do some recycling ulit to get naman let's say industrial or home oil. parang yung mga nilalagay sa sewing machines before. or parang yung mga oil-based spray lubes.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015

Wag naman sanang casa ang bumibili para gamitin sa pms. Lol.

Tapatalked

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Good topic.. wish we had a recycling plant. Valvoline Usa is a huge supporter of recycling oil and are selling them too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast