New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaya ako ang ginagawa ko pag sa intersection is pag nag green intay muna ng 10-20 secs bago umabante to give way to those who wants to beat the red light...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Prayers and condolences for the Saguisags.

Anak ng tipaklong talaga yung ibang dumptruck drivers. Last night may nag overtake na kasalubong ko, walang pakialam dere-derecho na parang siya lang ang sasakyan sa kalsada . I had to effin get out of his way para hindi mabangga.
    It could even be possible that he's the same driver that got into the accident with that van.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    kaya ako ang ginagawa ko pag sa intersection is pag nag green intay muna ng 10-20 secs bago umabante to give way to those who wants to beat the red light...

Mahirap yata iyan 10 to 20 seconds. Parang may unwritten rule yata dito sa atin na pag nag green and di ka umabante in 1 second, bubusinahan ka na.

Nangyari sa akin sa alabang last night. Parang 10 seconds lang ang green tapos wala pang 5 seconds ang yellow, red na kaagad. Buti na lang walang naghuhuli ng beating the yellow light.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    sorry for the loss...:rip:

Quote Originally Posted by vctradingcubao View Post
    Sabi ni Korina kanina, kung nakasakay ka daw sa eroplano, at di mo pa oras, pero oras na nung piloto, pano yun?
    if you don't survive, then i guess that means, oras mo na din

on a serious note, when it was mentioned above that the passenger side air bag deployed, is that the front airbag on the passenger side? or the grandia actually have side-airbags, which deployed at namatay pa din?

if the latter is so, then super lakas nga siguro ung impact but if its the former, maybe its high time to standardize side-airbags kung sakaling hindi pa

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    RIP to Mrs Saguisag.

Baka naman ang malfunction yung traffic light (motorists from both lanes claimed to have seen the green light) or palusot lang ng truck driver yon. Or baka nman yellow na

Van na yon. How much a kaya kung subcompact car na puno ng pasahero yung tinamaan? The fact that the truck was 'speeding' (as shown by the damages to the side of the van) means that 'probably', it was trying to beat the red light. Di ba pag galing ka naman sa stop and go na traffic situation eh hindi naman gaano kabilis yung initial na takbo. But then, I might be wrong.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Delikado talaga diyan sa intersection na yan pag mga ganyang oras. I used to live along Libertad and yan ang daan namen from a night out. Yung mga dump truck at cargo truck from South Super eh bira ng bira kahit red na yung lane nila. Ilang beses na ako nakakakita ng close calls diyan sa mga sasakyan galing sa Pasay Road riles. Kaya look before you cross, lalo na sa intersection na yan (I guess that applies to any intersection). Pabayaan niyo na yung mga nagmamadali sa likod ninyo na busina ng busina! Better safe than sorry, or worse, dead.

Kung kasalanan nga ng truck driver yun, buti nga sa kanya at nakulong siya. Yari talaga siya at dapat balatan ng buhay at budburan ng asin ang katawan!

RIP to Mrs. Saguisag, and condolences to Atty. Saguisag. Let's all say a prayer before we drive off every day

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Mahirap yata iyan 10 to 20 seconds. Parang may unwritten rule yata dito sa atin na pag nag green and di ka umabante in 1 second, bubusinahan ka na.

Nangyari sa akin sa alabang last night. Parang 10 seconds lang ang green tapos wala pang 5 seconds ang yellow, red na kaagad. Buti na lang walang naghuhuli ng beating the yellow light.
    I think if you're in front, waiting 10 to 20 seconds is too long. Perhaps if you were the 3rd or 4th car down the line, effectively ganun katagal bago ka makakabante. Maybe 3-5 seconds, then looking both sides (you'll never know if some dumb*$$ is going to counterflow) before moving forward will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanren View Post
    Baka naman ang malfunction yung traffic light (motorists from both lanes claimed to have seen the green light) or palusot lang ng truck driver yon. Or baka nman yellow na
    I tend to believe na palusot na lang ng truck driver yon.

Van na yon. How much a kaya kung subcompact car na puno ng pasahero yung tinamaan? The fact that the truck was 'speeding' (as shown by the damages to the side of the van) means that 'probably', it was trying to beat the red light. Di ba pag galing ka naman sa stop and go na traffic situation eh hindi naman gaano kabilis yung initial na takbo. But then, I might be wrong.
    San ang pics? Penge naman ng link. Yeah, it was already a Grandia that was on the receiving end of the collision. It's a chilling thought if it were a subcompact. I wonder if anyone would survive that sort of a wreckage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    Delikado talaga diyan sa intersection na yan pag mga ganyang oras. I used to live along Libertad and yan ang daan namen from a night out. Yung mga dump truck at cargo truck from South Super eh bira ng bira kahit red na yung lane nila. Ilang beses na ako nakakakita ng close calls diyan sa mga sasakyan galing sa Pasay Road riles. Kaya look before you cross, lalo na sa intersection na yan (I guess that applies to any intersection). Pabayaan niyo na yung mga nagmamadali sa likod ninyo na busina ng busina! Better safe than sorry, or worse, dead.
    Medyo mahirap yung kanto na yun. Peripheral vision is impeded by the large columns supporting the skyway. Well, that being the case, then all the more drivers should exercise caution in the area.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    R.I.P to Mrs. Saguisag, simple woman pa naman sya .

I think right now people should set aside what they think of Atty. Rene, whether friend or foe because this is one tragedy that I myself wouldn't wish upon to happen even to my worst enemies.

We all should be extra careful especially ngayong Christmas season where a lot of motorists are rushing to store sales and the like just to save time and money.

Ingat mga peeps.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Kasalanan yan ng driver ng mga Saguisag.

Turo ni daddy sakin, when you get into an accident, whether the law says you are right or not, kasalanan mo pa rin.

This is because you did not exercise due caution.

Exempted ka lang sa rule na yan kung na-rear-end ka while stopped.
    Last edited by jedi; November 8th, 2007 at 03:43 PM. Reason: i deleted some bad comments

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ABS_CBNNews.com
    8 Nov. 2007
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=98480

Docs: Saguisag will live

Doctors have assured family and friends that former senator Rene Saguisag will live despite severe injuries he sustained in a road crash before dawn Thursday in Makati City. Saguisag's wife died while two of their companions were wounded in the road crash.

"The doctors said he is going to survive," Makati Mayor Jejomar Binay, Saguisag's friend and ally, said after checking the former senator's condition at Makati Medical Center.

The former senator's son, lawyer Rebo Saguisag, also told the media that according to doctors, his father does not have to undergo a surgery for the blood clot in his head.

The younger Saguisag, however, said his father might not immediately function "100 percent" because of the blood clot.

Aside from the head and chest injuries, the former senator also sustained seven fractured ribs. Doctors said his second and eighth ribs were broken though he can still walk despite the pain.

'Very responsive'

Dr. Romeo Bundar of the Ospital ng Makati earlier said Saguisag was "very responsive" but could not open his eyes after being administered first aid. Saguisag and his wife, Dulce, were rushed to the city hospital following the accident past 2 a.m.

"The next 24 hours is critical. He needs to be closely monitored hourly. We hope that he will remain strong," Bundar told ABS-CBN's morning show, "Umagang Kay Ganda."

Bundar said Saguisag was lethargic but responsive when rushed to the hospital. The doctor added that the patient's eyes and chest were swollen.

"If you tell him to raise his hands, he will raise his hands. If you tell him to raise his eyebrows, he can raise his eyebrows," the doctor said when asked to describe how responsive the former senator was.

Saguisag was transferred to Makati Medical Center. His wife, Dulce, expired before arriving at the city hospital.

Bundar said Saguisag's wife died of "multiple physical fatal injuries." He said she had neck, chest and head injuries.

Saguisag and his wife were on board a white Toyota Grandia when a yellow dump truck (GBF 417) hit them at the intersection of Arnaiz Avenue (formerly Pasay Road) and Osmeña Highway past 2 a.m.

Philip Calvario, the couple's driver, was also in critical condition. Dance instructor Imelda Ubong, meanwhile, sustained minor injuries.

Saguisag and his wife were on their way home after a night of ballroom dancing at Mike's Cafe when the accident happened.

'He just stood there'

Meanwhile, the driver of the dump truck identified as Manuel Geronimo was brought to the city's police headquarters for investigation.

The driver claimed he had the right of way because his lane was on green light when the couple's van appeared in the middle of the intersection.

Taxi driver Geoffrey Olmogez, however, belied Geronimo's claim. Olmogez said he was a car away from the Saguisags' van when the accident happened. He said the Saguisags' lane was on green light.

Olmogez said he was tailing the Saguisags on Arnaiz toward Bicutan and were about to cross the Osmeña when the dump truck rammed the couple's van.

The taxi driver estimated the truck's speed at 100-120 kilometers per hour before the impact. He said the impact was so strong that the van was thrown 30 meters away from its original position.

Olmogez said he decided to go to the police to give his testimony when he heard Geronimo over the radio claiming he had the right of way.

He added that the dump truck driver got off his vehicle after the crash but only to check his vehicle. He said the dump truck driver did not do anything to help the Saguisags and the other victim

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Atty. Rene Saguisag injured, wife killed in vehicular accident!