New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Langya itong mga asbu ung mga bus hindi naman hinuhuli.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Wala parin bang nagc-complain sa mga kalokohan ng ASBU?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Ampch... so motorista pa rin yung may sala no? SInong hindi gaganahan magbayad given that these are mostly hulidap operations targeted at private motorists and business owners (read: PUVs not included).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nic View Post
    Curious lang, meron na ba sa inyong pinara na pumasa sa test?
    Yes po, ako po yesterday under Guadalupe, Na- Flag down ako for no apparent reason. Nissan Urvan 2004 (very well maintained)

There were two more vehicles before my turn, man, hassle, paparahin ka without any justifiable cause (is that legal by the way?). Di naman umuusok muffler ko ng maitim na usok. Then came my turn, guess what? Wala!!! I passed their test!!!

Twelve (12) minutes for nothing!!! I told them “Sinabi ko na sa inyo na ayos yan, inabala nyo lang ako” Yung ginawa nila is a f#%#&^* waste of my time!!

Eto pa, the guy who made the inspection just smirked at me, wala man lang sinabing “pasensia na sa abala” , and that really ticked me off! when the guy returned my registration papers, i asked him “ano pa bisa ng LTO emissions if kung di rin pala applicable sa inyo?

He replied “LTO CORRUPT, NABABAYARAN EMISSIONS” I just shook my head again, is he implying that the reason why he flagged me down and did a test was because i corrupted my LTO emmisions inspections? - These people are arrogant mindless fools. I am a hard working, tax paying citizen, oh yes, i pay taxes in Makati too, tapos eto. Mga PERWISYO KAYO MAKATI ASBU!!! BTW, i got there names: M. Quinagutan, and J.M. Cristino or Crispino

Things that come into mind:
    1. Flagging you down for no obvious reason. (Chamba-chamba baka makadali ng lagay)

2. Since they do not recognize LTO’s emmissions inspections to be credible, then what is the law of the land regarding emmisions? who has the final say?

3. ASBU’s way of approaching, flagging down, apprehending the suspected vehicles is wrong. Arrogante!! they should be properly trained in explaining to the people why they are flagged down? Sa akin, wala, nagpakilala lang na smoke belching, tapos hingi kagad ng registration papers. Walang, “Sorry for the inconvenience po, (atleast to appease) smoke belching campaign, para lang po ma check if ok parin ang ating exhaust / engine emmisions., para namin din po sa kalusugan ng lahat.
    Hindi eh, hingi kagad ng papeles, wala paliwanag, basta ang alam sana bumagsak para may kita sila!!

4. Since i passed their test, what is my assurance, that they won’t flag me down again.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ano ba mga vehicle or car model make na mainit sa mata ng mga asbu?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Wonder why wala pa rin nag question ng constitutionality ng procedures ng mga ASBU na yan before the courts. I believe pwede to ma question for violation of rights against unreasonable search and seizures, same rights limiting check points. Parang "fishing expedition" na kasi ginagawa nila. Dapat may probable cause man lang para parahin and much more kung papababain sa sasakyan, di pwede yung dahil sa diesel lang yung sasakyan kasi it does not follow na smoke belcher na.
    SIr to me, (i am not a lawyer) pero mukang you have a valid reason here. sana nga ma-question.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Usually Mitsubishi L300, Adventure, Isuzu Crosswind but recently napansin kahit ano pinapara, kahit bago pa (1-3years old)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    basta diesel

paborito nila mga pang deliver (L300, elf, canter etc)

mga AUV, passenger van

pero they don't flag down PUVs which are major smoke belchers

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Mapara sana ako niyan.. Patay sila sa sobra baba ng emission ng diesel rig ko.. Alcohol equipped!! Hehehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

ung d4-d Innova hindi naman ba hinuhuli?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I got this procedure from other sites pertaining smoke belching testing

PHILIPPINE CLEAN AIR ACT OF 1999
    ANNEX "B"
    EMISSION TEST PROCEDURE FOR REGISTERED OR IN-USE MOTOR VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH SPARK-IGNITION ENGINES

1. Scope
    The test procedure is for the determination of the concentration of exhaust carbon monoxide (CO) and hydrocarbon (HC) emissions from in-use motor vehicles equipped with spark-ignition engines running at idle speed.
    2. Test Equipment (Reference: ISO - 3930)
    a. Carbon monoxide analyzer - a NDIR (Non-dispersive Infrared) CO exhaust gas analyzer.
    b. Hydrocarbon analyzer - a NDIR HC exhaust gas analyzer, HC as hexane (C6H14).
    c. Tachometer - An easily installed and operated tachometer to measure engine speed (RPM).
    3. Vehicle Preparation
    d. Set the vehicle transmission at neutral with the hand-brake engaged.
    e. Ensure that the idling speed or the engine rpm with the accelerator in the rest position, conforms with the vehicle manufacturer's recommendation.
    f. All accessories like rear window heating, air conditioning system, air fan and other equipment necessary for the vehicle operation at idle should be switched-off.
    g. Check that the temperature of the engine is at least 70oC; otherwise, run the vehicle for at least 15 minutes on a normal road before testing.
    h. Ensure that the vehicle exhaust system is reasonably leakproof and will allow the insertion of the sampling probe by at least 30 cm. from the tailpipe outlet. If this is not possible due to tailpipe configuration, use the appropriate correction factor.
    4. Measurement
    a. Immediately preceding the measurement, adjust the instrument to zero and accelerate the engine to about 2,500 rpm, using the tachometer, if available. Maintain this speed from ten (10) to fifteen (15) seconds, then release the pedal to return the engine at idle speed.
    b. While the engine idles, insert the sampling probe into the exhaust pipe as deeply as possible which shall not be less than thirty (30) cm. Wait for twenty (20) seconds and take the CO/HC reading.
    c. If the vehicle has multiple exhaust outlets the arithmetic average of the CO/HC readings in each exhaust outlet is taken as the final result.
    5. Instrument Calibration, Adjustments (Reference: ISO 3929)
    (a) Prepare, use and maintain the analyzer following the directions given in the instrument manufacturer's operation manual and service the instrument at such intervals as to ensure accuracy.
    (b) Carry out a span and zero calibration within a period of four (4) hours before the instrument is moved or transferred to a new location. The calibration shall be performed well away from the exhaust of motor vehicles whose engines are running.
    If the instrument is not self-compensated for non-standard conditions of altitude and ambient temperature or not equipped with a manually controlled system of compensation, the scale calibration shall be performed using calibration gas.
    (c) If the sample handling system is not integral with the analyzer, make certain that the effectiveness of the gas sampling system are leakproof. Check that filters are clean, that filter holders are fitted with their gaskets and that these are all in good condition.
    (d) Ensure that the sample handling line and probe are free from contaminants.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
ASBU smoke belching test