New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hi All, I need your help/advice on what I should do next.

The incident happened last September 22. At the ascending portion of Pinatubo St. heading towards EDSA, an armored truck hit our vehicle's front twice. The driver didn't stop the truck and we needed to chase them along EDSA, going down Boni Ave. When we caught up with them, the driver didn't go down but instead, gave us the number of their fleet supervisor. I warned them that the whole incident was recorded and they should not alter their story on what had happened. The driver was apologetic at that point and told me 'hindi kumagat ang kambyo'.

We were able to talk with their office, and they were cooperative. They acknowledged their mistake, and informed us the requirements needed to process the claim from their insurance (license, or/cr, repair estimates, certificate of no claim from my insurance, ...) - that was September 23. A week after, we completed the documents and sent them all scanned copies through email. They requested for the original documents - and we followed. They told us that they will inform us immediately when the claim is approved. We called a couple of times to check if they already processed the claim - but all they said was that the documents are with their insurance agent.

From here on, I thought they must be delaying the processing of the documents. (I've been in a similar situation a couple of months ago when I hit a smaller car. I was able to process all claims from my insurance company in 3 days - and the car which I hit was repaired ASAP.) I sent them an email requesting that if their insurance company is that slow, then I think they should pay for my vehicle's repairs instead. They did not reply to that email. I sent a couple of follow up emails just to check if they received my request, but still no reply. We tried calling their number, but they would not answer our call.

I'm not sure of what to do next. I told them early on that I have a video of the whole incident, hoping that they cooperate with us to the end. I had the scheduled PMS of our car a few weeks ago, and discovered that the front wheel alignment was affected by the impact of the incident. I didn't include the cost of this repair on the estimate I sent them a few weeks ago.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    the incident took place on september 22, 2015. today is november 8, 2015. that's one month and two weeks ago, more or less. now, you need a lawyer to write them a letter. in law, there's such a thing as laches or sleeping on one's right.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mykpogi View Post
    Hi All, I need your help/advice on what I should do next.

The incident happened last September 22. At the ascending portion of Pinatubo St. heading towards EDSA, an armored truck hit our vehicle's front twice. The driver didn't stop the truck and we needed to chase them along EDSA, going down Boni Ave. When we caught up with them, the driver didn't go down but instead, gave us the number of their fleet supervisor. I warned them that the whole incident was recorded and they should not alter their story on what had happened. The driver was apologetic at that point and told me 'hindi kumagat ang kambyo'.

We were able to talk with their office, and they were cooperative. They acknowledged their mistake, and informed us the requirements needed to process the claim from their insurance (license, or/cr, repair estimates, certificate of no claim from my insurance, ...) - that was September 23. A week after, we completed the documents and sent them all scanned copies through email. They requested for the original documents - and we followed. They told us that they will inform us immediately when the claim is approved. We called a couple of times to check if they already processed the claim - but all they said was that the documents are with their insurance agent.

From here on, I thought they must be delaying the processing of the documents. (I've been in a similar situation a couple of months ago when I hit a smaller car. I was able to process all claims from my insurance company in 3 days - and the car which I hit was repaired ASAP.) I sent them an email requesting that if their insurance company is that slow, then I think they should pay for my vehicle's repairs instead. They did not reply to that email. I sent a couple of follow up emails just to check if they received my request, but still no reply. We tried calling their number, but they would not answer our call.

I'm not sure of what to do next. I told them early on that I have a video of the whole incident, hoping that they cooperate with us to the end. I had the scheduled PMS of our car a few weeks ago, and discovered that the front wheel alignment was affected by the impact of the incident. I didn't include the cost of this repair on the estimate I sent them a few weeks ago.
    Do you have comprehensive insurance coverage? If so, i suggest you should have made a claim and let your insurance company be the one to chase the security company. They will do this without you having to lift a finger as this is in their best interest to collect.

Problem is that since been more than 30 days since the incident, you may have a more complicated time making the insurance claim.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mortis View Post
    Do you have comprehensive insurance coverage? If so, i suggest you should have made a claim and let your insurance company be the one to chase the security company. They will do this without you having to lift a finger as this is in their best interest to collect.

Problem is that since been more than 30 days since the incident, you may have a more complicated time making the insurance claim.
    G4s made sure that they will be handling the insurance claims from their end, and asked us to submit a certificate of no claim from our insurance company.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mortis View Post

G4s made sure that they will be handling the insurance claims from their end, and asked us to submit a certificate of no claim from our insurance company.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    the incident took place on september 22, 2015. today is november 8, 2015. that's one month and two weeks ago, more or less. now, you need a lawyer to write them a letter. in law, there's such a thing as laches or sleeping on one's right.
    thank you. I think i might need to call a lawyer to help us out.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you have a conprehensivd insurance, dapat nag file ka na lang sarili mo. Instead of waiting for them.

You have wasted so much time just go and claim from your insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    wala kang mapapala sa mga yan. ipagdasal mo na lang ma-karma ang mga hayup na yan.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    so how do you go about filing your claim/s against your insurance company? can anyone post the details on how to file these kinds of claims? i have a friend who is also in a similar scenario and he's asking advice from me and i don't have any idea....

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Naaksidente na din ako dati...wala ako insurance. Pero inamin ng other party na sya me kasalanan, ipapagawa nya na lang daw oto ko. File lang daw ako ng no claim sa tpl insurance ko.

Naayos naman ng matiwasay.

My question is how do you tell your insurance na kasalanan mo ng hindi ka liable sa gastusin?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Armored Truck Incident - Need advice what to do.