New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    How far does diplomatic immunity cover ambassadors. Or at least their driver.

Was in Makati this morning and noticed that the Argentina Ambassador's Dar Blue Volvo (Had little flag and 1000 plates - isn't that Ambassador's plate?) was zooming down one of the one-way streets of Salcedo village. It made several other approaching cars get out of the way in the tight street and was a traffic hazard. I suppose diplomatic immunity has its privileges. Does that immunity transfer to the driver as well? It seemed he was the only one in the car.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    naka hazard ba? MAybe its an emergency?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz View Post
    naka hazard ba? MAybe its an emergency?
    Nope hindi naka-hazard.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    they didn't violate any traffic law diplomat car eh.

di ko lang sure kung mageextend ang kanilang immunity sa criminal cases pero pag traffic situations wala.. maski magpark pa sila sa no parking sign.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama walang violation...sa makati kahit sa no parking mag park sila walang magagawa yun mga tigasin MAPSA...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also used to see a Range Rover with 1000 plates normally counterflowing on Villar St (in front of Citibank)... one afternoon while it was traffic on Paseo de Roxas he ran on the sidewalk. Nampotahnamanyan... what i noticed that time it seemed to be only a driver inside as well.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I also used to see a Range Rover with 1000 plates normally counterflowing on Villar St (in front of Citibank)... one afternoon while it was traffic on Paseo de Roxas he ran on the sidewalk. Nampotahnamanyan... what i noticed that time it seemed to be only a driver inside as well.
    baka naman napu-pupu na..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    baka may Argentinian Terrorist threat sa'tin

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    May immunity din ang driver kaya kasi nasa "sovreign territory" siya? I take it the vehicle is like being in foreign soil right? What if the driver is Pinoy?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^^most of their (diplomats) drivers are pinoys....
    Last edited by shadow; March 10th, 2008 at 11:52 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Argentina Amabassador's Volvo violating One Way