New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014

ako di nakakarecieved ng ganiyang mga tex, ang ginagawa ko gumagamit ako ng iba sim card tapos tinatadtad ko ng text buo mag damag hayun sha din ang sumuko. 5 days ba naman na naka unli yung extra ko sim kaya kahet mag replay sha e 20 beses ko naman sha sinasagot. ayun nag sawa din ang gago at nag makaawa na tumigil nadaw ako. tinatawagan ko na number dina nasagot. baka nag palit na.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Advent 04 View Post

ako di nakakarecieved ng ganiyang mga tex, ang ginagawa ko gumagamit ako ng iba sim card tapos tinatadtad ko ng text buo mag damag hayun sha din ang sumuko. 5 days ba naman na naka unli yung extra ko sim kaya kahet mag replay sha e 20 beses ko naman sha sinasagot. ayun nag sawa din ang gago at nag makaawa na tumigil nadaw ako. tinatawagan ko na number dina nasagot. baka nag palit na.

I have done that. I have a txt bomb app in an old phone I used to use. As long as you can send out SMS, you can send a message to a specific mobile number for a set number of times in a user selected interval. (example: 500 times at a rate of 1 per minute)... Unfortunately, I think SMART has gotten "smart" to the txt bomb app and only "unique" messages will get through. So if I send the exact same message to the same number, only one will get through. Fortunately, the app also has a feature to add a "count" number to the message so it all still gets through.

3. Join Date
    May 2019
    Nakakatakot na mga text scam na ganito.. Parang totoo na galing bank.. img_20230301_121033.jpg

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    Nakakatakot na mga text scam na ganito.. Parang totoo na galing bank.. img_20230301_121033.jpg
    first of all, the sender's phone number is not a business-type number. it's a private person's.
    second, no decent bank will ask sensitive info over the air.
    this has been iterated over and over, by the banks.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    But the scam probably fools a lot of people. Otherwise they wouldn't keep trying it.

We're not the target.

It's a net, cast out to snare the non-tech savvy, seniors/elderly, and even the clever who may just be tired/fatigued and not "100%" alert (napindot lang etc.)

6. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Maganda nga yan napapagusapan, so more people become aware and alert.

Kahit genius level IQ pa ang isang tao, hindi naman tayo lagi "listo". Even the smart relax their guard (you'd be paranoid/mental soon if you'd be critically scrutinizing everything).

Maraming matatalino naisahan nung bago pa yung mga "dugo dugo" call scams dati, sama mo na yung fake utility worker scam (akyat bahay syndicato or extortion racket pala) and something more recent, like yung fake Shopee/Lazada COD delivery (na wala palang real order).

Nowadays, alam na ng mga marami ang mga modus na ito kasi kalat na, so its harder for these con men to operate; forcing them to think of other ways to outsmart... even the smart.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    But the scam probably fools a lot of people. Otherwise they wouldn't keep trying it.

We're not the target.

It's a net, cast out to snare the non-tech savvy, seniors/elderly, and even the clever who may just be tired/fatigued and not "100%" alert (napindot lang etc.)
    i once received such text message, concerning my "BDO account".
    i immediately knew it was a scam, because i didn't have a BDO account.

a colleague once received a text message, informing her that she had won a sizeable amount of money (in a 'contest' she does not remember joining). but she had to pasa-load 300 bucks to collect."
    "so did you?"
    "yes. it's only 300 pesos. pano kung totoo nga...?"
    heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    first of all, the sender's phone number is not a business-type number. it's a private person's.
    second, no decent bank will ask sensitive info over the air.
    this has been iterated over and over, by the banks.
    also the domain name of the website written on the sms. bdo.com.ph is the legitimate domain of BDO.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Smishing and other cyber-attacks are now "normal" and it's really incumbent upon the individual to protect yourself at all times.

Use Google Messages. It's been great at catching suspected and actual spam/scam messages.

I sometimes browse through the Google Messages spam folder and amuse myself on the myriad of ways they try to elicit something from me. lol
    Last edited by oj88; March 3rd, 2023 at 12:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
another stupid text scam