New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Greetings Tsikoteers,

I would just like to get your opinions and advice regarding my collision just last week.

Where: V.Mapa interesection of Old Sta. Mesa

I came from SM Sta. Mesa and turned left to V.Mapa going to the Padre Burgos (Pandacan) Bridge and I got into a major collision with an Isuzu Forward while turning right (papunta sa mga motels :naughty2. The traffic was moderately light. I was on the right-most lane with the Isuzu truck on lane 2 & 3. During the turn, the Isuzu truck went from lane 2 & 3 to lane 1 & 2, hence the collision on my left B-pillars up to my taillights.

I believe my mistake was that I panicked during the collision and immediately pulled away (I thought I was going to be crushed kasi) hence there's no first-account details regarding the incident. We were assisted by a MTPB traffic officer just moments AFTER the collision (I had already pulled away a bit). However, based on the observation of the MTPB officer, the mistake was with the truck since he switched lane. Essentially "ipit" ako kamo.

Afterwards, we went near the Pier near Roxas Ave. in order to get my police report. My police report concludes that "both parties advice accordingly", which according to the investigator means that "kami na bahala". I understand his view since he was not at the scene to inspect the incident and giving a judgement against or for me seems biased.

Me and the truck driver do not see eye-to-eye since we cannot settle WHO was the one who is at wrong. His statement revolves around "A truck cannot turn easily kaya mali mo na nakisama ka habang nagturn ako". On the otherhand, my statement revolves around the premise that "you diverted your lane when you can turn at lanes 2 & 3". The investigator is saying that "first who turn is right", however the MTPB believes that that was wrong since the intersection is known for its traffic (anybody who knows the intersection knows of this..)

Unfortunately, his cellphone number indicated in his affidavit is fake (0940 yun first-4-digits LOL!) so I have no means of contacting him. With the police report, I have his address and the employer's details however.

So, I'm left with 2 options:

1. Swallow the bitter pill and pass it off as bad luck. Basically, I let the truck driver go and I'll be swallowing my insurance deductible of 2,500php (as well as wait for 3 months or so for it to be repaired).

2. Sue the guy and the employer. Since they'll be forced to appear in court.

Right now, I'm leaning on option #1 as we know how inefficient our justice system is, the amount of money it takes to pursue on a lawsuit, and the time required for option #2. However, I'm also bitter about the incident on how the driver (who was quite arrogant while talking to me) gets off scott-free.

Is there any other options I can pursue? I already crossed out hiring a hitman though (invalid option until we're talking about 8 digits here.. joke!)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    P2500 in exchange for no more head aches, i'll just go for option 1 if i were you bro.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    With yebo on this one, just make sure the other party agrees to sign a waiver of non-claim for the incident. 2,500 is peanuts compared to the cost of your time and multiple trips you'll be taking if you pursue the case. Sometimes arrogant guys get away with it, hayaan mo na yun, maybe next time he won't be so lucky.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    couldn't agree more. hayaan mo na at sakit sa ulo sayo sa pabalik balik mong tratrabahuhin yan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Swallow the bitter pill na lang. Some insurance companies go after the offending party and reimburse you for the deductible you paid, but don't count on it na lang. As mentioned, P2.5K will spare you from all the hassle.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganito gawin mo claim mo na sa insurance pero sa casa mo pagawa and papalitan mo lahat huwag repair lang para malaki rin ang sagutin ng insurance, then huwag "own damage" pakita mo lahat ng police report then susulat ang insurance doon sa company. well technically own damage dahil ikaw mag shoulder ng deductible. sasabihin sa letter ng insurance na base don their investigation sila ang may fault so maniningil sila sa kabilang party. perwisyuhin mo lang yun kabila, follow up mo lang sa insurance mo kung nagpadala na sila sa letter,

kasi ganun ginawa ko nun nabangga ako ng taxi, pero pinilit ko yun operator na magbayad ng deductible ko tapos I told my insurance na i hold muna yun letter until ma singil ko after makabayad sabi ko padala na nila yun letter

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    ganito gawin mo claim mo na sa insurance pero sa casa mo pagawa and papalitan mo lahat huwag repair lang para malaki rin ang sagutin ng insurance, then huwag "own damage" pakita mo lahat ng police report then susulat ang insurance doon sa company. well technically own damage dahil ikaw mag shoulder ng deductible. sasabihin sa letter ng insurance na base don their investigation sila ang may fault so maniningil sila sa kabilang party. perwisyuhin mo lang yun kabila, follow up mo lang sa insurance mo kung nagpadala na sila sa letter,

kasi ganun ginawa ko nun nabangga ako ng taxi, pero pinilit ko yun operator na magbayad ng deductible ko tapos I told my insurance na i hold muna yun letter until ma singil ko after makabayad sabi ko padala na nila yun letter
    Ganito din gagawin ko para kahit papano iba na lang hahabol sa kanila para magsilbing leksyon.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Yan ang panakot ko parati pag may nakakabangga insurance ang hahabol sa kanila pag ayaw nila makipag ayos sinasabi ko papa casa ko to binibigyan ko pa sila estimate pag casa repair kaya yun bayad sila.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    di ko nakuha, you are turning left yet you are in the rightmost lane?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    di ko nakuha, you are turning left yet you are in the rightmost lane?
    Galing na sya aurora blvd, have already executed a left turn to v. mapa ang is about to make a right turn patungong old sta mesa (kung sa-an andaming motels doon). Gets mo na? kaya nasa right most lane na sya in preparation to make a right turn.

to TS, usually ako, when making a turn, di ako lumalagay sa right most or left most (depende kung sa-an ka liliko) kasi sigurado maiipit ka pag maloko ang lumiliko sa katabing lane. I just position myself to the next lane, then turn while giving the guy on the innermost lane a chance to make the turn too. at least pag ganoon, I could make corrections in case the other guy cuts into my lane.

BTW, ayun sa saysay mo tinama-an ka na sa bandang likod, meaning hindi mo na sya makikita pero ikaw visible pa sa kaniya kaya nasa kabilang panig ang pag iwas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advice on turning