New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Among the most abusive government employees I know of are immigration officers assigned at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Naia).

Immigration officers anywhere in the world have the power to allow or prohibit foreigners from entering their country even for something as petty as not liking the way you look.

Our immigration officers at the Naia are aware of such a power, and some of them abuse it.

Philip C. Reyes (not Cruz as earlier reported in this column), an immigration officer, allegedly tore the passport of a departing Filipino woman, Charmaine Jamila Zdrzynski.

Charmaine was with her Australian husband, Arthur Zdrzynski, when the incident happened.

The Zdrzynskis were leaving for Melbourne, Australia, via Kuala Lumpur on Nov. 13 but were prevented from doing so because of Charmaine’s torn passport.

Reyes, who had examined Charmaine’s passport, reportedly went through Charmaine’s passport backwards and forward for about 10 minutes.

Not content, he went to a room to further check the passport.

When Reyes came out of the room about three minutes later, he told Charmaine that the passport’s covers were ripped apart from the inside pages.

When the Zdrzynskis protested, Reyes said Charmaine should shut up, otherwise he would ban her husband from entering the country again.

“Reyes threatened us repeatedly by saying, ‘You will reap the consequences of your protests,” they claimed.

Reyes even laughed when the Zdrzynskis said they would report his behavior, according to the couple.

All the time, the Zdrzynskis said, Reyes’ superiors—on duty supervisor Janet Anolin and deputy head supervisor Ricardo Sarao—were backing up Reyes.

“Did you see him rip it? Did you? If not then you can’t accuse Mr. Reyes of ripping your wife’s passport. Are you accusing Mr. Reyes of ripping her passport?” Sarao reportedly shouted at Arthur.

The Zdrzynskis have since left—Charmaine was able to have her passport replaced Friday, Dec. 6—but asked the “Isumbong Mo kay Tulfo” program to represent them at the board of discipline of the Bureau of Immigration.

The board of discipline is hearing the couple’s complaint against Reyes.

As head of “Isumbong,” I am including supervisors Janet Anolin and Ricardo Sarao in the complaint in the board of discipline for tolerating Reyes’ behavior.

Read more: Abusive immigration personnel | Inquirer News
    Follow us: *inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Abusive immigration personnel | Inquirer News

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cammer View Post
    Among the most abusive government employees I know of are immigration officers assigned at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Naia).

Immigration officers anywhere in the world have the power to allow or prohibit foreigners from entering their country even for something as petty as not liking the way you look.

Our immigration officers at the Naia are aware of such a power, and some of them abuse it.

Philip C. Reyes (not Cruz as earlier reported in this column), an immigration officer, allegedly tore the passport of a departing Filipino woman, Charmaine Jamila Zdrzynski.

Charmaine was with her Australian husband, Arthur Zdrzynski, when the incident happened.

The Zdrzynskis were leaving for Melbourne, Australia, via Kuala Lumpur on Nov. 13 but were prevented from doing so because of Charmaine’s torn passport.

Reyes, who had examined Charmaine’s passport, reportedly went through Charmaine’s passport backwards and forward for about 10 minutes.

Not content, he went to a room to further check the passport.

When Reyes came out of the room about three minutes later, he told Charmaine that the passport’s covers were ripped apart from the inside pages.

When the Zdrzynskis protested, Reyes said Charmaine should shut up, otherwise he would ban her husband from entering the country again.

“Reyes threatened us repeatedly by saying, ‘You will reap the consequences of your protests,” they claimed.

Reyes even laughed when the Zdrzynskis said they would report his behavior, according to the couple.

All the time, the Zdrzynskis said, Reyes’ superiors—on duty supervisor Janet Anolin and deputy head supervisor Ricardo Sarao—were backing up Reyes.

“Did you see him rip it? Did you? If not then you can’t accuse Mr. Reyes of ripping your wife’s passport. Are you accusing Mr. Reyes of ripping her passport?” Sarao reportedly shouted at Arthur.

The Zdrzynskis have since left—Charmaine was able to have her passport replaced Friday, Dec. 6—but asked the “Isumbong Mo kay Tulfo” program to represent them at the board of discipline of the Bureau of Immigration.

The board of discipline is hearing the couple’s complaint against Reyes.

As head of “Isumbong,” I am including supervisors Janet Anolin and Ricardo Sarao in the complaint in the board of discipline for tolerating Reyes’ behavior.

Read more: Abusive immigration personnel | Inquirer News
    Follow us: *inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Abusive immigration personnel | Inquirer News
    They are abusive. I go overseas almost every other week and I regularly see them stopping pinoys from leaving the country. Their reason is that they suspect that these pinoys will try to seek employment overseas. For a country whose dollar revenue relies a lot on OFWs sending back money, they sure are a stumbling block to our economy. They play judge, jury and executioner with these cases that I see often when I go through immigration.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    nung pumunta ako ng malaysia, may nakasabay akong babae na balak mag apply ng teacher sa malaysia.
    1st time nyang sumakay ng plane kaya medyo ninierbyos.
    nung time na nya sa immigration, ayun ang kakawang ale. na off-load.

bakit nila haharangin ang mga pinoy na gustong mag trabaho sa ibang bansa?
    pasalamat pa nga sila kasi makakatulong sila sa ekonomiya ng pinas.

ang katwiran ng mga immigration, para daw maiwasan ang napapahamak ang mga pinoy abroad. dapat daw sumaan sa tamang proseso. ang probleman naman sa tamang proseso, napapagastos ng malaki at the same time, nababarat ng mga employers. kasi nga malaki ang nagagastos nila sa pag kuha via agency.

kaya nga tayo may embassy at owwa/polo...trabaho nila na asikasuhin at tulungan yung mga pinoy sa ibang bansa.
    pinapasweldo sila para gawin nila ang trabaho nila. at ang sweldo nila, galing sa mga taong dapat nilang pag silbihan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Which is part of their mandate, obviously na promdi, first time mag abroad, konti kang dalang pera, tapos magbabakasyon lang daw...profiling ganyan talaga..

Bakit kailangan pang paalisin kung mapipigilan naman dito agad, pag dating doon since illegal workers ma exploit tapos gusto na umuwi...

Yun iba kasi ng punta lang ng ganitong country kuno nagiging jump off point lang nila punta ng Middle East.

Tama lang yun makita mo na off load...magaaply pa lang, so hinde pa sigurado meron trabaho...

Abusive sila pag complete papers at legal na mag OFW tapos pipigilan nila.

Yun sa original na post eh kung meron talaga problema yun passport? Baka yun tins tawag nilang baklas.. Married to an Australian yun babae, Baka natanong na gaano na sila katagal more oftentimes yan not nagkakilala lang yan sa internet tapos landi konti, punta si OZ dito para pakasalan...or maid order bride pala

Kayo never kayo na stop diba? Simply bec you have legit reason to travel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#retzing
    Last edited by shadow; December 11th, 2013 at 03:20 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarte View Post
    halos parehas ang story?! modus?
    Bulok talaga gawa ng passport natin, I noticed it when I renew it with the new one...parang mabilis mapunit yun pages sa stalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#retzing

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    isa sa mga main competitors ng mga pinoy dito sa ME is the south asians (indians, sri lankans, nepal, etc.).
    napakdali nilang pumunta dito.
    like i always tell, their economy is being drive by their ofw's.

kaya tingnan nyo, malapit na nilang launch yung aircraft carrier nila.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Experience ko, nag OFW din kasi ako.

1st time ko mag abroad (yr 2006), na delayed ng 45min ung emirates kasi pina hold ako ng imigration, nag request na i-fax daw sa kanila ung nbi clearance ko, ilang beses sinabi na walang fax na dumadating, sinabi ko kanina pa tumatawag sa fax number nyo ayaw naman mag receive, tinignan namin ung fax machine walang papel.

2nd time, same country, harang ulit kahit dala ko na nbi clearance, dapat daw kumuha ako ng dfa clearance, sinabihan ko ung imigration officer, baka gusto mo magbigay na ng listahan kung anong documents ang gusto nyo makita para in advance ma process ko na, nbi ang hiningi last time kaya nbi lan ang dinala ko.

3rd time, bawal daw ako pumunta sa country of destination, sabi ko iba ang spelling ng IRAQ at spelling ng IRAN.

kahit sa bagong pasport na ang gamit ko, machine readable nagtatagal pa din ako sa imigration, mas madali kausapain ang imigration sa ibang bansa kesa sa pinoy imigration (walang direction kung ano ang gusto).

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ewan ko ba...
    lagi akong kinakabahan pag kaharap ko na ang immigration officer. kahit na legit ang travel ko.
    para kasing feeling ko, macha-chambahan ako nila na pagka kwartahan.
    balita ko kasi kapag na chempuhan ka, gagawa sila ng paraan para maglabas ka ng pera.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyic View Post
    ewan ko ba...
    lagi akong kinakabahan pag kaharap ko na ang immigration officer. kahit na legit ang travel ko.
    para kasing feeling ko, macha-chambahan ako nila na pagka kwartahan.
    balita ko kasi kapag na chempuhan ka, gagawa sila ng paraan para maglabas ka ng pera.
    ako nga din eh. kinakabahan din ako. sayang ang miles eh. husle pa rebook ng flight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast