New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What would you do if somebody cuts ahead of you in the parking lot entrance??? I experienced this recently. I won't go into detail anymore because thinking about it still makes me mad. It's bad enough that this rude guy cut ahead of me, what's even worse was his execution!!!

The parking lot was at the left side of the road and I was coming from the other side of the road so I had to make a left to get to the parking. There was an SUV coming from side of the parking and since it was natural for him to turn right, I let him ahead. Since the SUV was still having his trunk checked, I didn't turn left immediately so as not to block traffic. I was surprised when a sedan came from behind me and cut ahead of me. The manner that he did it was just plain STUPID. Imagine he blocked the entrance to the parking by having his car parallel to the street. What the hell was this guy thinking??? I know that parking is limited in our area but to resort to such behaviour is disgusting!!!

If only I could give this guy a piece of my mind, I would tell him all these:

1. Do not s^it in your own backyard - don't you know that there's a big possibility that people who park in that area could be from the same company or building that you work in? For all you know, it was your coworker or boss that you just showed your lack of manners to. People should be at their best behaviour especially in places that are part of their day to day living eg gym, church, supermarket, school or office. I was in utter disbelief with the attitude you showed me. You know very well that the guard directs where we are supposed to park and there is a big possibility that we will be parking close to each other. Indeed we did. Have you no shame???

2. Go to work early - if you don't want to rush, then leave your house early. There's no excuse for cutting someone in the parking lot but I would have been more forgiving had I seen that you were in a hurry. I was wrong because you were taking your sweet time inside your car in the parking area. I waited for you to disembark because I just had to see the face behind the rudeness.

3. Be ready to defend yourself for rude behaviour - if you have no respect for other people on the road, be ready to defend yourself when you come across someone just like you except with a gun. Since you have the body of a geeky highschooler, I suggest that you change your ways before you get into trouble.

4. Respect your Alma Mater - you display in your car your Alma Mater and yet you behave in the rudest manner.

I am ashamed to admit that I was so mad that I really wanted to do some damage to this rude guy's car but then again I don't think it's going to make a difference since his car's paint looks MATTE already from too much sun damage. And besides, I wouldn't want to stoop down to his level.

I am sorry for the rant but if there is one thing that I could not take, it is rude behaviour. It really goes to show that a person's social class or education do not guarantee good character. It is SIMPLE COURTESY. This comes from respect for other people. You do not have to go to school to know that. It's not like table manners that you need to learn, courtesy comes instinctively. I feel sorry for those who have an ABSENCE of COURTESY. I am so glad I do not have to interact with this person everyday. If he acts like this on the road, how the hell does he relate to people in his life???
    Last edited by _Cathy_; October 22nd, 2009 at 02:41 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    What would you do if somebody cuts ahead of you in the parking lot entrance??? I experienced this recently. I won't go into detail anymore because thinking about it still makes me mad. It's bad enough that this rude guy cut ahead of me, what's even worse was his execution!!!

The parking lot was at the left side of the road and I was coming from the other side of the road so I had to make a left to get to the parking. There was an SUV coming from side of the parking and since it was natural for him to turn right, I let him ahead. Since the SUV was still having his trunk checked, I didn't turn left immediately so as not to block traffic. I was surprised when a sedan came from behind me and cut ahead of me. The manner that he did it was just plain STUPID. Imagine he blocked the entrance to the parking by having his car parallel to the street. What the hell was this guy thinking??? I know that parking is limited in our area but to resort to such behaviour is disgusting!!!

If only I could give this guy a piece of my mind, I would tell him all these:

1. Do not s^it in your own backyard - don't you know that there's a big possibility that people who park in that area could be from the same company or building that you work in? For all you know, it was your coworker or boss that you just showed your lack of manners to. People should be at their best behaviour especially in places that are part of their day to day living eg gym, church, supermarket, school or office. I was in utter disbelief with the attitude you showed me. You know very well that the guard directs where we are supposed to park and there is a big possibility that we will be parking close to each other. Indeed we did. Have you no shame???

2. Go to work early - if you don't want to rush, then leave your house early. There's no excuse for cutting someone in the parking lot but I would have been more forgiving had I seen that you were in a hurry. I was wrong because you were taking your sweet time inside your car in the parking area. I waited for you to disembark because I just had to see the face behind the rudeness.

3. Be ready to defend yourself for rude behaviour - if you have no respect for other people on the road, be ready to defend yourself when you come across someone just like you except with a gun. Since you have the body of a geeky highschooler, I suggest that you change your ways before you get into trouble.

4. Respect your Alma Mater - you display in your car your Alma Mater and yet you behave in the rudest manner.

I am ashamed to admit that I was so mad that I really wanted to do some damage to this rude guy's car but then again I don't think it's going to make a difference since his car's paint looks MATTE already from too much sun damage. And besides, I wouldn't want to stoop down to his level.

I am sorry for the rant but if there is one thing that I could not take, it is rude behaviour. It really goes to show that a person's social class or education do not guarantee good character. It is SIMPLE COURTESY. This comes from respect for other people. You do not have to go to school to know that. It's not like table manners that you need to learn, courtesy comes instinctively. I feel sorry for those who have an ABSENCE of COURTESY. I am so glad I do not have to interact with this person everyday. If he acts like this on the road, how the hell does he relate to people in his life???

Ms. Cathy;

Palagay ko sira Aircon mo that time kya mainit pati ulo mo... BTW, let's face it, there are so many motorist who don't care others or even the rules...kaya tayo kasama listahan ng Third world countries....

Isa lang ang magagawa natin jan...extent or patient and pray for the soul of those stupid motorist...sana di sila kunin kagad lord! Accidents do happen...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Someone did that to someone I knew.

The offender later in the day found out that his/her car's door keyholes were full of Mighty bond......the windshield wipers too were stuck on the glass.

It's risky to offend another fellow especially when you are about to leave something valuable behind

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremerider View Post
    ..kaya tayo kasama listahan ng Third world countries....

Hmmm..... not an accurate correlation , IMHO

I've seen these behavior and worse... in the First World!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ericp View Post
    Someone did that to someone I knew.

The offender later in the day found out that his/her car's door keyholes were full of Mighty bond.....the windshield wipers too were stuck on the glass.

It's risky to offend another fellow especially when you are about to leave something valuable behind
    LOL! ... I know someone who just did just that but was kinda disappointed when the target opened the door locks via remote.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ericp View Post
    Hmmm..... not an accurate correlation , IMHO

I've seen these behavior and worse... in the First World!
    Yes! you are right....pero mas marami dito! everyday, every hour! whew...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    LOL! ... I know someone who just did just that but was kinda disappointed when the target opened the door locks via remote.
    Wag sanang mangyari yong buong side ng pinto ay naka mighty bond...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I wanted to give him flat tires (4) but I was afraid that I'd get caught plus I'd be worse than him if I did that BUT in my mind I did.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremerider View Post
    Wag sanang mangyari yong buong side ng pinto ay naka mighty bond...
    Actually kung ako yun, whole driver side door yung naka-mightybond sana nga eh. :seesaw:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I wanted to give him flat tires (4) but I was afraid that I'd get caught plus I'd be worse than him if I did that BUT in my mind I did.
    This I have done but two flats lang.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
Absence of Parking Etiquette