New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Correct me if my understanding of the event is wrong.

1. The guy counterflow.
    2. The TE tried to stop him and asked for his license but he just run over the TE.
    3. Police chased him. shot his tire. But he continued to flee.
    4. Police continues the chase and tried to stop him.
    5. He tried to run over some of the police.
    6. Police killed him.

Is this correct? He basically assaulted a TE and some police men. That's like signing your death warrant.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    naka full mayank (dark) tint ba sa video???

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Nangyari sakin sa may world trade. Pinapatigil ako pero dumerecho ako kasi alam ko naman trap ng mga buwaya na pulis pasay. Hinabol ako until Buendia. Nung una 1 motor lang. Nung 2 na sabi Auntie ko tumigil na at baka barilin kami kasi ang dilim ng tint ko. Ang laki ng hiningi sakin dahil sinayang ko daw gas nila. Wtf.

Kaya ngayon di na ko tumatakbo sa pulis. Masyado sila trigger happy ngayon.

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Subject is misleading.

My take is, he (the suspect) ressisted arrest and assaulted at least one traffic officer/police. He was shot because of the latter, NOT because of counterflowing.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2017

1. The guy counterflow.
    2. The TE tried to stop him and asked for his license but he just run over the TE.
    6. Police killed him.

Is this correct? He basically assaulted a TE and some police men. That's like signing your death warrant.

yes sir ganyan nga more or less. same sa mga motor, pag hindi ka huminto sa checkpoint, 50-50 ka na.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Nangyari sakin sa may world trade. Pinapatigil ako pero dumerecho ako kasi alam ko naman trap ng mga buwaya na pulis pasay. Hinabol ako until Buendia. Nung una 1 motor lang. Nung 2 na sabi Auntie ko tumigil na at baka barilin kami kasi ang dilim ng tint ko. Ang laki ng hiningi sakin dahil sinayang ko daw gas nila. Wtf.

Kaya ngayon di na ko tumatakbo sa pulis. Masyado sila trigger happy ngayon.

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk
    Pulis yung nagpatigil sayo o traffic enforcer? Kung traffic enforcer walang baril yun.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006

1. The guy counterflow.
    6. Police killed him.

Well, if the guy stopped and accepted his traffic violation on the first place, no one would have been hurt. He had it coming when he rammed the enforcer with his vehicle and even tried to do it on apprehending policemen.

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Subject is misleading.

My take is, he (the suspect) ressisted arrest and assaulted at least one traffic officer/police. He was shot because of the latter, NOT because of counterflowing.
    Clearly, he got the full force of the law when he has become a threat to traffic enforcers and policemen. A 500 peso or 1000 peso traffic violation fee is a far better punishment than paying it with your life plus the expenses on your family members for your burial.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008

1. The guy counterflow.
    6. Police killed him.

Given the reputation of our police these days, I would probably run too if I heard gun shots. How do I know if they are only going for the tires? They could easily kill me and plant a couple packs of shabu and call it a day. Without video I would take #5 with a grain of salt.

Now if there were witnesses who could attest to #5 that would be a different story.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Given the reputation of our police these days, I would probably run too if I heard gun shots. How do I know if they are only going for the tires? They could easily kill me and plant a couple packs of shabu and call it a day. Without video I would take #5 with a grain of salt.

Now if there were witnesses who could attest to #5 that would be a different story.
    Well, he ran over a traffic enforcer. I guess he was trying to escape both his traffic violation and his liability for assaulting the enforcer. I guess the story would have a different ending if he did not run over the enforcer or just be man enough to take the traffic ticket.

It was all up to him but he opted to take a riskier choice and paid dearly with his life.
    Last edited by Egan101; April 19th, 2017 at 07:33 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Subject is misleading.

Well basically TS wanted to give the story some slant or to click bait.
    From the attached news report alone from TS's post, it's already clear that he was shot bec. he resisted arrest and tried to run down authorities.
    And to the argument asking why he was shot when he was unarmed, c'mon now we all know what an unstable mind could do behind the wheel. Run down pedestrians, crash into establishments, so its still dangerous, deadly even.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Well basically TS wanted to give the story some slant or to click bait.
    From the attached news report alone from TS's post, it's already clear that he was shot bec. he resisted arrest and tried to run down authorities.
    And to the argument asking why he was shot when he was unarmed, c'mon now we all know what an unstable mind could do behind the wheel. Run down pedestrians, crash into establishments, so its still dangerous, deadly even.
    Amen to this! Better to stop the suspect immediately before he could have killed somebody else.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast