New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The slain passenger is the brother of my "kumare," the "ninang" of my daughter. He had a business to attend to in Cubao but since he doesn't feel knowledgeable driving in the area, he decided to take the bus (parking his car somewhere in Las Piñas). I guess when it's really your time to go...

That's why I'm thankful to the tsikoteers who are quick in their replies whenever I ask for directions to places I'm not familiar with.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Kawawa naman pala sya. Because of not knowing the directions, he died.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good job for our cops... :police:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If the lady didn't jump out of the bus, the holduppers would have escaped without killing anyone. Pero buti nga napatay tatlo sa kanila at nahuli yung iba. Condolence to the driver and the passenger.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Good job to the policemen.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Good thinking on part of the lady who reported to the Police. Yun ang may presence of mind.
    Galing nila. Bakit kaya hindi na lang nila tinuluyan lahat? That's really a wonder. Taxes pa natin magpapakain sa mga basura na yan.

Yung sa NLEX, dapat may special free lane for police, ambulance, firetrucks etc. Even sa SLEX. Masyado na kasing nahiwalay ng privatization ang social services. Businesses should be in-sync with the society (na market din nila in the first place) hindi puro pera ang iniisip ng private companies.

Dapat free ang mga pulis sa buses, not only they provide protection, we should give it to them because they risk their lives everyday to do their job. Pag may nangholdap naman jan, at capable yung pulis, for sure, he will defend the whole population inside the bus.

Malaking bagay nga yung ginawa nu'ng lady na bumaba sa Cubao (tumalon ba siya o pinayagang bumaba?). Salamat sa kaniya, at nai-detail niya lahat yung description ng bus.

Pero, yung isang holdaper, nang ma-interview ng Ch.2 kung bakit siya nang-holdap, replied with the usual answer: " Dala po ng kahirapan....." Maamong tupa na nung nasa presinto na sila. While nun'ng nasa bus daw yung 3, talagang nakakatakot sila, sabi nung mga pasahero.

Ang lalaki ng katawan at di naman sila disabled, di na lang sila magtrabaho ng marangal.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pobreparin View Post
    dapat din kasuhan at ikulong yung mga NLEX toll keepers at security na nag-cause ng delay sa mga authorities....pwede sabihin na accomplice din sila....
    di naman siguro, accomplice. knowingly helping the perp yun.

obstruction of justice yata ang tawag pagka ganyan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dala ng kahirapan... the usual excuse...

Dami na naming mga kinukuhang mga trabahador living in the poor area near us. Karamihan ay niloko kami in one way or the other - tapos kapag wala nang gusto kumuha sa kanila para mag trabaho eh ganito ang gagawin.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tsk...tsk.. dala ng kahirapan kaya pati pag damay sa ibang tao nagagawa nila. tapos aabutin pa ng syam-syam yang investigation hanggang sa makalimutan na.

sad to say, our beloved country is not safe anymore to live with.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    A little bit OT but this are the reasons why crimes like this happen all the time in Manila.
    Anybody familiar with the "broken windows" theory would know that the reason why criminals like this operate with impunity is that the authorities do not do anything to alter the conditions that contribute to this type of incident.
    First of all, the presence of large communities of slum dwellers all over Metro Manila who do not have the skills and education to get jobs leads them to commit crimes like cellphone theft, cable/wire/metal theft, bag slashing, etc. Why? low skilled manufacturing jobs now require at least a high school diploma. Without jobs, they resort to the only thing available to them - taking advantage of other people. This situation is perhaps the worse thing about the Lina Law. We tend to think that the squatters only victimize the landowners of the land that they occupy but they actually victimize all legal residents within the vicinity from the water they tap, the electricity they steal and the businesses they harass.
    Secondly, the absence of any form of deterrence actually encourages them to commit crimes as that is the only time that they encounter any presence of the authorities. It seems to me that all policemen do nowadays is to wait in their police stations for victims to come to them to report crime. Those ones that you see on the road are just looking for traffic violators that they can easily extort from. Criminals know this so they tend to ignore the presence of the police, act quickly and go about their business in a manner that doesn't call for attention until the victims report it to the authorities. By then, it is quite too late to catch them.
    Thirdly, the very inefficient legal system that causes criminals to go unpunished and scot free. I don't understand why somebody has to file a complaint, followup the authorities for progress on the case, spend a lot of time in the hearings , etc. just in order for justice to be served.
    Lastly, the inaction of our government on the problem that these vagrants inflict on law abiding citizens. Anybody who saw how Bingbong Crisologo (A person that i voted for, which i now regret) came to aid of squatters who were living in esteros against the MMDA squad who were removing their dwellings because of the danger that the squatters were posing to themselves and the public at large. Bingbong was saying that the removal action was illegal since there was no permits and that there was no relocation area provided for the slum dwellers. I think he conveniently forgot that the squatters were living in an area that becomes very dangerous during the rainy season. Complaining about the lack of due process is pointless when lives are at stake.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
5 Killed in EDSA Robbery Holdup