The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    5 dead after attending Pasay concert | ABS-CBN News

5 dead after attending Pasay concert
    ABS-CBN News
    Posted at May 22 2016 07:47 PM

MANILA -- Five people died Sunday after attending a concert at the parking lot of a mall in Pasay City on Saturday night.
    The fatalities were identified as Ariel Leal, Lance Garcia, Bianca Fontejon, and a male American national.
    The fifth victim, Ken Migawa, who was earlier reported to be in critical condition, has also died Sunday night.
    The victims were found unconscious at different parts of the concert venue at the SM Mall of Asia.
    Investigating officer Giovanni Arcinue, in an interview with Agence France-Presse, said police were looking at possible heatstroke or dehydration as the country is sweltering under high temperatures brought on by the El Nino weather phenomenon.
    He also said it was too early to say that the deaths were caused by drug-laced drinks, despite rumors spreading on social media.
    Close-up and its media partner, Eventscape, said in a joint statement that stringent measures and precautions were put in place to ensure the safety of all concert attendees.

They added that strict protocols were followed in providing immediate medical assistance to the victims and in rushing them to the nearest hospital.
    They also committed their support to the families of the victims while ensuring full cooperation with the police investigations.
    SM Supermalls, likewise, expressed its sympathies. Company president Annie Garcia said SM is assisting the event organizers and authorities in their investigation. -- With reports from Raphael Bosano, ABS-CBN News; Raya Capulong, dzMM; Agence France-Presse

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Heard over TV that tat least two of the victims have already been interred -- i doubt if autopsies were performed.

Tsismis is that ecstasy was involved.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Normal ba ma-heatstroke pag gabi? Ang bagal ng investigation ng mga pulis natin. Yung isa, 18yo lang, st kasama sa dalawa na massive heart attack ang dinanas.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I think dehydration is plausible..heatstroke, maybe if the areas were crowded ala moshpit....but if it's the environment/weather then there should be more cases(non fatal) that night.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Drinks spiked with drugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    This June Big Fish Innovation White naman. Party party!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    It is so sad since the 18 y/o girl, Bianca Fontejon, was a classmate of my kid in DLSZ last year. She is just a freshman in DLSU & had so much going for her. News floating around was that drinks were passed around & they did not know it was laced with ecstacy. Her friends with her did not even know she was already dead cause they thought she was just sleeping on the ground.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    nakainom ng ano yan..
    ganun ba kabilis ma dehydrate ang isang tao..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    As per 24Oras, there were indeed water in plastic cups that were passed around during the concert. Sabi pa nga nung babae, if those were laced w/ drugs, dapat daw di lang lilima ang nabiktima. Dapat daw pati sua damay na.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    As per 24Oras, there were indeed water in plastic cups that were passed around during the concert. Sabi pa nga nung babae, if those were laced w/ drugs, dapat daw di lang lilima ang nabiktima. Dapat daw pati sua damay na.

It's possible that an ill-prepared batch of the drug to have zero effect on the majority, but a fatal one for the unfortunate five.

It's also possible that the fatalities took some drug earlier, which interacted with the drug in the spiked drink. i remember back in HS that mixing uppers and downers can be fatal.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast