New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i've always had a soft spot for the WRX STi & the Evo...but i just keep repeating to myself "mahal na gas ngayon...mahal na gas ngayon" hehehe! to scooby or evo owners out there...gano kalakas nga ba sa gas yung mga auto nyo? do you use your scooby/evo as your daily driver?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung ako magkakaroon niyan hindi ko din gagamitin na daily driver. siguradong mas malakas ang gas niyan sa aking kasalukuyang sasakyan, lalo na at ganyan pa kabilis na kotse. kahit hindi siya malakas sa gas, e kung mabilis naman baka lagi kong ihataw yan kaya siguradong lalakas din sa gas yan. hehehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When I had the WRX, average mpg ko is 22mpg city and highway driving and VERY conservative shifting. It was rated as city/highway 20/27. Now you know why I sold it :evillaugh

And no, its not the turbo that causes the poor fuel consumption. Its the AWD system. Dahil kahit ang non-turbo Impreza 21/28 ang fuel consumption rating.

edit: and the people who buy these performance oriented cars shouldnt be so conerned about the gas. They didnt call it a performance car for nothing.

use your mini as a daily

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    can anyone give any figures on gas mileage? a friend of mine in baguio has an evo5 and gets 5kms/L, keeping in mind na may hataw-hataw rin yon & up & down roads namin sa baguio. i've heard that some Evos get 7-9 kms/L here in manila but not confirmed. was just chatting with a friend of mine in japan who has a toyota mark3 with 280 hp & gets 9kms/L (city driving)

hindi ba dapat sakto lang sa lakas sa gas ang turbo cars coz sa 2500+ rpm pa nagbo-boost?

sa bagay...pag lam mo kasi na malakas auto mo eh hirap pigilan na wag humataw :D

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    KARDING: yup, my Mini is my daily driver here in manila. asar nga dad ko eh, he wants me to get another car that i can use for everyday use. hehehe! i just hate the idea of having a nice car & not getting to use it everyday...eh di ano pa silbi non, diba? hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WRX spools at 3500 rpm at least based on my experience. Shifting at 3500 is kinda high if you are really concerned about the gas consumption. On average driving, 2500 is the optimal shiftpoint (integra and civic experiences) for fuel efficiency.

Mahirap talaga pigilan ang pag-hataw. Lalo na when the RPM reaches 3500. I wanted to upshift but the car is just getting started so why not shift at redline and feel your body getting pushed against the seat ;)

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    so assuming that i get a WRX STi...if i shift below 3500rpm i should be getting decent gas mileage? :D

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    cooper ka nalang uli hehe

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hehehe. i still have my Mini...but keeping my options open :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
WRX & EVO...malakas nga ba sa gas?