New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by smuiv View Post
    I believe you already answered your own question. A car not in production for 10-20 years you can't get or order the same engine 20 years later, only spare parts, surplus, reconditioned or replica parts, not an original oem brand spanking new engine as the machines that built them are gone. If you insist on going on the route of the same engine, do as other car enthusiast do, buy a 2nd hand, surplus engine and recondition, rebuilt or refurbish. Or go to the other route of putting a new engine on an old body, new technology with classic body
    Parang ang naging option nga po namin noon e gamitin yung original body ng engine then baguhin ang buong loob.. Pero parang body engine ang mahirap mahanap na brand new..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Putting a new engines into an old car is impractical. For the amount of money you need to spend on the new engine (including shipping and duties), you might as well use it towards the purchase a new car.

If the original engine is already beyond repair and you really want to keep your old car, buying a pre-used engine is the next best thing.
    Yup, I believe some car enthusiast will still do it, like getting the new engine/motor from a new 2015 ford and drop it in a 1960's ford, plus put in some new transmission and suspension, though it is impractical specially here, but in other countries like the US, they do this.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by smuiv View Post
    Yup, I believe some car enthusiast will still do it, like getting the new engine/motor from a new 2015 ford and drop it in a 1960's ford, plus put in some new transmission and suspension, though it is impractical specially here, but in other countries like the US, they do this.
    You're talking about putting new motors on classic cars for purposes of restoration or for racing.

It's different when you do it to an econobox daily driver.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Putting a new engines into an old car is impractical. For the amount of money you need to spend on the new engine (including shipping and duties), you might as well use it towards the purchase a new car.

If the original engine is already beyond repair and you really want to keep your old car, buying a pre-used engine is the next best thing.
    First car sir ng dad ko yun. hangang ngayon ayaw bitawan.. Kaya recommendation ko nga e palitan ng new engine para umayos ang takbo even mahal.. Problem walang brand new engine na nabibili ourside casa na i think subrang mahal.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

First car sir ng dad ko yun. hangang ngayon ayaw bitawan.. Kaya recommendation ko nga e palitan ng new engine para umayos ang takbo even mahal.. Problem walang brand new engine na nabibili ourside casa na i think subrang mahal.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I may have missed it but what year/make/model is the car?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    crate engines? wala tayo niyan.

Briggs-Stratton o Honda madami hehehe (joke lang)

Hanap ka ng used Japan engine. Best alternative yun kung Jap car ang meron kayo.

crate engines? wala tayo niyan.

Briggs-Stratton o Honda madami hehehe (joke lang)

Hanap ka ng used Japan engine. Best alternative yun kung Jap car ang meron kayo.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    toyota pickup, 90's model.

toyota pickup, 90's model.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    If you really want the original brand new engine malabo na sir makakuha but restoring your old engine with parts needed mas malamang magagawa pa. We are at the internet age that everything as long as it still exist is available globally if you have the means to acquire it.[emoji4]

9. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    If you really want the original brand new engine malabo na sir makakuha but restoring your old engine with parts needed mas malamang magagawa pa. We are at the internet age that everything as long as it still exist is available globally if you have the means to acquire it.[emoji4]
    Pinalitan na lang ng ibang engine na 2nd hand.. Pero kung may brand new sana e yung ang option #1. Kahit bilhin pa sana ng hiwa hiwalay. Parang car engine body ang mahirap bilhin ng brand new.. Tama po ba??

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Had a friend na na ondoy yun car nya and buti may AOG yun insurance nya inspite na luma na yun car. I think mga 8yrs old na. Sa casa pinasok yun car and nag import yun casa nang brand new engine for his car.although yun original engine nya was gen.3 yata ang napalit is yun gen.4 na.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast