New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    learned my driving sa socialite - balita ko, iisang grupo lang ang socialite and AI driving. balita ko rin preho silang merong mga bastos na instructors. basic course lang - 5hrs, pero kung walang alam yung esmi anything about cars, tama yung advise ni ian... better instruct your wife on how to operate a car... di lang driving ang mahalaga sa kotse... dapat alam din nya about basic PMS saka what to check before driving the car ...like checking the battery fluid (kung hindi maintenance free yung batt) , coolant level, oil level, brake fluid etc. saka ang pagmamaneho... 10% instruction, 90% lakas ng loob... kahit anong husay magturo ng driving school, kung walang lakas ng loob wife mo.. ala rin. lalo pa sa metro manila traffic natin, nakow! baka himatayin sya ... There's no one better to give her the confidence than you pre. ;) konting himas lang yan and sabihin mo... "honey... this is how you hold my stick shift" hehehe

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    anyone can confirm on aap in pasay? and their contact numbers? i would like my wife to have some formal driving lessons. thanks.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Salamat sa mga sumagot... Good points everyone...

I'll check the Pasay thing out tomorrow.
    Last edited by the_wildthing; May 26th, 2004 at 11:36 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    my youngest daughter just went thru with a1 at P6500 for a 6 hrs package deal;

she was very happy & elated with the experience but the sad thing is my wife cannot accept the fact the kid has grown up and can now manage on her own;

i'm afraid the mother's doubts & fears outweighed the money spent and dampened the girl's enthusiasm in return;

ayaw pagamit ang sasakyan sa bata; kesyo di pa marunong, baka masira, baka mahuli, mabangga, etc.

e, bakit pa nag-aral?!

hirap intindihin buhay..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    denial stage pa yan! hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako i learned driving, thanks to my pop. langya, puro mura ang inabot ko nun ah. tapos tama sila, experience lang. nung una, paikot-ikot lang sa village, hanggang nagkaroon ng guts lumabas ng national road, tapos ayun na.

yung wife ko, may basic techniques na na kuha sa akin, tapos pina-practice lang nya once a week dyan sa Filinvest-Alabang, paikot-ikot lang.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try Roadwise Motoring Foundation.
    372-7374.
    Ask for Lisa( 0916-312-1050 ) if you can't get thru the landline.
    Just say I referred you.
    They teach driving(not operating).
    They're the guys who handle Honda Media Challenge, & C! Rallye Experience among other things.

They have basic driving, all the way to competition level driving.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I checked with AAP... They have a Makati ofc but only the QC office has driving lessons.

BTW, my wife asked her colleagues (also ladies) and said they had no bad experience with Socialite. At least 3 of them...

As with AAP, a colleague's brother went there but didn't learn enough. Personally I think that's more of an exception.

Anyway, since malayo ang AAP baka mag-Socialite na lang siya. Then practice na lang afterwards using our car.

Socialite advertises itself as a driving school so I guess they teach driving. On the other hand, do they teach us to get high in high school?

Thanks sa lahat!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if youre in makati, socialite sa may pasay road.
    my wife enrolled in socialite espana, naging instructor nya was a veteran driving instructor,
    very courteous raw and dinala sya sa mga maliit na kalsada at maraming tao kaya medyo malakas ang loob compared to me when i was just starting to drive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Where to learn how to drive