New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I recently purchased a 95' toyota corolla . A 1300 cc turbo charge with an inter cooler...I looked around the engine compartment, folllowed the air intake but, I can't seem to find the " Flow Meter "....nor can I find a harness for a hot wire on the throttle body....All I can see is the throttle positioner switch, Can anybody tell me where the "Flow meter " or " Hot wire " is ?????....It can't be running on a safe mode,....can it ?????I wish somebody would clear me out on this .........thanks....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What engine exactly is this using? 1300 with a turbo?

Usually you'll find the the first sensor right after the air intake and before the TB if the car is an EFI (kung carb there are no wires for such since all is mechanical).

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I think its a 2E turbo..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    What engine exactly is this using? 1300 with a turbo?

Usually you'll find the the first sensor right after the air intake and before the TB if the car is an EFI (kung carb there are no wires for such since all is mechanical).
    I am not too familiar with this set up .I'll try to upload the pix . and could you tell me what's missing ?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Looking at the engine (sorry, not so familiar with this... seems like it's one generation before the 4AF/4AG engines and it seems partly similar to the 2E we find locally as Gearspeed mentioned), if it has a MAF/MAP sensor (wire) it would be located right after the air intake and before the turbo charger. If ever there was, it would probably be where the filter connects to that polished metal adaptor with a hose.

The best bet would be to check another engine at a surplus shop for comparison...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    thank you for the reply guys.......this is really strange !!!! seems the flow meter is missing....normally it is located before the turbo ,right after the air filter ( in most efi cars )..and on some cars it is located right on the throttle body and it is a "hot wire"...couldn't find any,...so I think I am missing a component..( like I said it could be running on safe mode.........well,...anyway guys thank you very much for the reply......!!!!

Where is the Flow Meter ???