New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you'd probably have to look to buying a new compact sedan and modifying it extensively to get a new sub-6 second, <1.5M car.

in which case, you'd be voiding the drivetrain and possibly suspension warranty, and the mods inroduce parts that could go wrong (defeating your purpose of getting a new car); you might be better off scouting a used Evo 5 or 6 that's in not-too-bad condition hehe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the evo is much better than the subaru unless you can bring in the wrx sti version which then makes them even in power, handling and braking (more or less).

for 1.5m, get a ek civic, drop in a b18 and there you go... sub 6 second performance.

if you wanna go even faster get a hatchback, put in the same engine and super bilis ka na.

plus, since weekend car mo lang ok lang to have something that's not as exotic as long as it can run with the best of them.

1.5m will buy you soooo many goodies if you start with a honda!!!!!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    why not get a replica done. i heard / read that they are dong replicas of AC cobras, Lotus sevens for less than 1M, just specify them to put in a bigger v-8 engine for more HP and torque. try reading the some old local car mags( like C!) they featured some people who builds replicars. Although its really not an everyday car. You really cant buy a brand new, stock, sub-6 second car here thats comfortable for daily driving. but if its just a weekend car and your willing to modify then there are a lot of options.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dodge srt-4...under $20k yung msrp hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Value for your money will be the HONDA CIVIC TYPE-R

0 to 60mph at only 6.6 seconds

The 0.6 seconds difference is really depending on the driver but for the price this pocket rocket is the one to beat.

Everyday car !!!!!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice car...parang hood ng new honda city in an old civic hatchback body

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parang naka turbo-intercooler yung type r na yan ah! o radiator lang yan? :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how much does that cost in Phil. peso?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may 2M ata ang EP3 typeR

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ang alam ko auto-tranny only yang type R na yan. 2.0L engine. i don't think it even has as much power as the SiR (140 or 155hp yata), pero mas magaan yung body and mas maganda torque band (2.0L engine eh). and i think vtec-3 na ito. i don't think it costs 2M! di naman evo yan eh.. NA yan.. i seem to have read dun as AI boards na competition yan for Lynx RS.. so di dapat siya lalampas ng 1M.
    Last edited by orly_andico; February 8th, 2004 at 11:39 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
whats the cheapest car that can go 0-100 in &lt;6 seconds