New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dehins pala rx-8... 6.4 secs pala siya....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i was reading Car and Driver.
    apparently the Fairlady, Subaru Impreza WRX, and Evo8 (all USDM) cost about the same (31-32k USD) -- but the subaru beats them all (4.6sec 0-60 for the subaru, 4.9sec for the evo8, 5.x for the fairlady).

interestingly, the USDM evo8 (at least according to C&D) has a 271hp engine. didn't know the 4G63T could output that much! (kala ko mga 220 "lang"). while the fairlady/350Z has even more horsepower (approaching 300 on a V6 i believe) while the WRX has 300hp on a 2.5L flat-4.

*all 2004 USDM ito ha.. i believe the impreza is an "STi".. maglalabas na rin daw ang subaru ng Forester STi which will allegedly dust the Cayenne at 1/3rd the price.
    Last edited by orly_andico; February 1st, 2004 at 11:14 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually the 271 hp of the 4g63t is still under-rated...theres some kind of agreement with the manufacturers not to declare the true output of the engines that they use in their production cars...

i think it really makes a little more than that..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actual output na yung 271 hp for the USDM Evo... the now-obsolete gentleman's agreement doesn't apply to the US market (the mk. iv supra was advertised to have 320 hp, for example). mas restrictive din ata yung emissions regulations sa US, so the output is lower than the japanese version

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ahh i get it. so the 220hp (or so) of the 4G63T na binebenta sa surplusan dito sa Pinas is actually understated... so ok na ok pala yung engine transplant mod sa lancer itlog na gawing evo3-alike :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually di naman understated..different generations of 4g63t ay different din ang hp outputs from stock 200hp to stock 270hp..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by cta2
    whats the most reasonable car in Manila that can do 0-100Km in less than 6 seconds? (5.9seconds will do)

car should be:
    1. Brand new
    2. should be drivable everyday (w aircon, no open type chasis)
    3. Modifications are allowed only if its original (bolt on off the self w/o fabrication) and should also be brand new - not reconditioned
    4. will not be used for drag (so no NOS)

any suggestions will help, on top of my head, the cheapest will be a subaru wrx... civic type r will not reach less than 6 seconds w/o modifications (i think)... is there a cheaper way?
    I dont see any point sa search mo . Looking for a everyday streetcar to used in Metro Manila thats will hit easily under 6 sec in 0-60mph ?? Nah ..... maybe s a track u can do that thing but like u stated that it wont be for dragging . Sa traffic ng Manila , if I have 1.5 M to burn .... I dont mind getting a slow but head turning vehicle .

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, the big question is - what's your budget?

the most affordable <6 sec cars anywhere in the world are probably the impreza sti, lancer evo, and the chevy camaro/pontiac firebird

but if price is no object you can get a bmw m3/m5, skyline gtr or porsche carrera. it all depends on how much you are willing to spend, and all these cars are available in the philippines if you spend enough money.

but one thing that's certain is - any car that goes that fast stock is not going to be cheap in the philippines - which is fine if you use 'ninoys' as toilet paper, but not that attainable for the rest of us.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, wala namang problema if cta2 wants a sub-6 second car hehe...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    If the subaru is a poor man-s porsche, i want a poor man-s subaru...

I mentioned a ceiling of 1.5M, because anything higher, subaru is best buy... of course you can go cheaper!

The reason I want a sub 6 second car is because you can use it in manila... ang hindi puwede sa manila is a high top speed...

admittedly, im just toying w the idea... I want a toy car, w no hassle for any maintenance (kaya brand new)... im no mechanic (no idea sa technology ng cars) but I do enjoy driving...

so parang weekend car... I guess medyo midlife crisis...

actually gusto ko subaru... just a bit too high for a toy (its a nice toy though)

so what is a poor mans subaru? (that can go 0-100<6s)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
whats the cheapest car that can go 0-100 in &lt;6 seconds