New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    worst ko --

3rd yr highschool, nagpaturo ung classm8 ko mag-drive, then pinakialaman namin ung toyota corona nila na model 1978, ndi ko na chneck then ndi ko alam na wala na pala brake fluid, pagdating sa gasolinahan, wala na kmi preno, ndi ko alam gagawin ko, ibinangga ko na lang sa concrete barrier dahil pababa ung gasolinahan, pinituhan kmi ng pinituhan ng guard and shock ung mga nakakita hehehe, lesson learned tlga sa kin, hiyang-hiya pa ko sa mommy nung classm8 ko, seaman kc erpat nya kaya iniwan lang sa garahe ung oto..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hmmm. We've had at least a couple of threads with a similar title to this one. But.....

1. Dozed off along I-40 and woke up with my car jumping along the sagebrush between the lanes.

2. Hit a stretch of black ice on a downhill and almost slammed into an accident scene at the base of the hill.

These weren't really life-threatening. But, they were quite embarrassing when I was younger....

3. My dad's car (68 Dodge Dart) stalled in the middle lane right across the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas (during high noon traffic). Everyone was yelling and screaming at us with horns honking.

4. My dad's car (70 Ford Pinto) stalled right after paying the toll on the entrance to the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. I think there were just one or two toll gates open (at 2 am) and we blocked one while waiting for a tow truck to tow us to Treasure Island in San Francisco bay. Again, people yelling and horns honking.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    san francisco earthquake in 1989...i was riding my motorcycle when all of a sudden, my bike just started swerving uncontrollably. i still can't figure out how i stayed upright thru the whole thing.

again, in san francisco...i got caught in a very heavy hail storm and it scared the heck out of me 'cos i couldn't see a darn thing. all i could do was stop the car and let the storm pass thru. luckily, it didn't last long.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I was riding a delica space gear. it was a nationwide transpo strike 4 yrs ago. baguhan pa ako sa pagmaneho. I did't realize that one of my tire was deflated because of those damn tire traps people made... I only notice medyo un-even yung balance nya, peru it didn't come to my mind something is wrong, kasi baguhan nga. the road was wide empty because of the strike nga, kaya naka-enganyo magpabilis... while driving in a straight "bilis" 80kph, I transfered to another lane, then I just hear the tire scretch, the tall van feels it's going to rollover. I panicked and my first reaction is not to go against the direction because it might roll over. so the van went to the opposite lane. but there is this island between the lanes with flowers and coconut trees. I hit a coconut tree and dragging it in the opposite lane. good thing there are very few cars on the opposite side.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ako

when i experience hydroplane at 80 km/hr

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ito ang nakakatakot...
    [quote=youtube] [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZ9V1Vf4gY"]YouTube - SCARY CAR ADD[/ame][quote]
    Last edited by dbuzz; November 5th, 2007 at 06:25 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    buhayin ko lang ito... worst driving experience ko kanina lang nangyari...

pauwi na kami coming from a family friend's house... sa lugar nila, nag-umpisa nang umulan ng malakas then after 20 mins. of driving naging sleet of ice na, tapos 15 mins before we getting to our place naging snow na.... we were at the carpool lane kasi gusto kong mabagal ang pagmaneho and I was driving 45 mph ( actually, di ko alam kung mabilis pa ito)... between the carpool and the shoulder lane may 4 lanes sa freeway... while stepping lightly on the brake, kasi feeling ko napapabilis ang van kumakanan ang van without me steering it towards the right... napi-feel ko talagang mahina ang traction ng van namin pero di ko inakalang mag-360 spin sa gitna ng freeway... grabe!!! parang di ako makapaniwala... habang nagi-spin kami iyong 2 naming anak tulog... tapos, ako nakahawak lang ng mahigpit sa manibela pero di ko ini-steer.... nag-flash sa akin - ang realization na kasama ko ang buong pamilya... tumigil ang van sa gitna facing the right direction... ewan ko ba may guardian angel kami kasi habang umiikot kami sa freeway walang dumarating na kotse as in malinis ang kalye... tapos ng tumigil naman kami ang bagal ng dating ng sasakyan kaya nai-drive ko towards sa shoulder.... para mahimasmasan...

sobrang hagulgol ako... buong mag-anak ko idina-drive ko.... di ko alam ang iisipin ko sa sobrang takot at nerbiyos... puwede kaming mamatay right there and then sa gitna ng freeway....

up to now, after 5 hrs. and while writing this para pa rin akong nanlalata...

thank God for keeping watch over us...

whew!!! iba ang salubong ng New Year sa amin... I pray and hope it gets better for us...

ps. [SIZE="1"]what do I have to do with our van after taking a slow spin?[/SIZE]

thanks and God bless us always!!!

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    [quote=dbuzz;948986]ito ang nakakatakot...
    [quote=youtube] [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZ9V1Vf4gY"]YouTube - SCARY CAR ADD[/ame]

LOL.... What a coincidence pareho pala tayo ng experience yan din sana ang ilalagay ko. Glad you post it.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ako, everytime may nasasalubong na umo-overtake na truck or bus sa provincial road...Kahit mali sila dapat na lang ilagan kesa mapatay tayo

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Two things to remember when you are in a skid, first, do not step on the brakes and second, never step on the brakes...hehehe, not even a light tap on the pedal. Just point your steering wheel to wherever direction you want to go (this is why the 10 o'clock-2 o'clock grip comes in). You only apply your brakes when you have already total control of the vehicle. On a 4wd (shifted to 4hi of course) you'll be surprise that a tap on the accelerator could also get you out of a skid. I'm sure the rest of the forumers here, me included, are glad to know that you and your family made it out safety.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
What was your worst/scary/unforgetable driving experience?