New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    A couple of days ago I took my Xterra in for service and was approached by a sales guy. He asked if my truck was the one with the big tires and how did I like my truck. I replied that yes the truck was mine and I liked it except it wasn't really the one I wanted since my truck is an SE and I wanted the Off Road model. I explained that when I bought the truck in 2005 Nissan hadn't gotten production up to speed yet and only about 500 or so of the OR models were made. He then made me an offer, if he could find me an OR model and it wouldn't cost me anything out of pocket in cash with the same monthly payments would I be interested. Well about an hour later he came back and said he had found one in the color I mentioned with cost of about $27-28K possibly less. I told him I'm not sure and I would need time to think about it. The crap now is, I am actually thinking about it. Damn!!!

I am 2 years into a 5 year loan and trading would mean starting all over again. My wife says she would rather get an Armada or Titan than the Xterra but that's not realistic. The main difference with the two Xterra models are the following:
    1) Hill descent control
    2) Hill start assist
    3) Electronic locking rear differential
    4) Dana 44 rear differential
    5) Bilstein shocks

The 4x4 guys here would understand the importance of the locking diff and the Dana 44 off road. Under body armor was also different but I have already added those to my truck. BTW the G sensor for the stability control has been changed and I have already blown the rear shocks and now it leaks but they are replacing that under warranty. What would you do?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    If you are able to and like the differences, go for it.

My personal reservations would be: new lease/loan = extended payment = effect on credit score, but that may not be a problem for you; 2) the mods you added, could you take it out and sell it with not too much a loss? (I'm assuming you can't use some of them on the new rig.)

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The mods would all still fit except the armor and the dash kit I installed. It's just that starting the payments back to 60 months again isn't so inviting. I wish I could just win the lotto so I can get whatever I want and just move back to the RP and wheel over there.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Taya na. 50M na yung Mega. Maka-taya nga mamaya.

Well mahirap talaga yung new loan. Lalo na 5 years. Sabi nga sa financial sites, use your car for five years even if you pay for it in three. And use the money you save for investments.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    50M!!! I'll settle for the basic 7M for me. Agree with the 5 year use of the car. I still have my 1998 Mitsubishi and I only had to sell my previous cars because I moved to Cali and didn't want to bring 4 cars with me. Now it really doesn't matter since if I move anywhere becasue of work the government will pay everything.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    trade it sir, nothing is more satisfying and gratifying than getting a new one.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    trade it sir, nothing is more satisfying and gratifying than getting a new one.
    Yeah but I am talking about a truck not a wife.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you love your current X, then that's good enough.

If you can swing for the new payment and the time/expenses to refit the truck then it's your call.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Thanks for the input guys I think I will keep the current one and just save the money to get the Dodge Challenger when it comes out.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Thanks for the input guys I think I will keep the current one and just save the money to get the Dodge Challenger when it comes out.
    Good move

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What would you do keep it or trade?