New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Hi all,

I'm new here. For the past months I've been reading different forums here coz they're quite good. Today I decided to join because i wanted to ask and get some tips and share some experience as well.

I had my car tinted in banawe 2 days ago( front windshield -1 pc. 3M magic neutral, rest 3M dark magic). Today I noticed there is a small (about 1 cm or so) bubble-like spot in the center of the windshield (filled with white liquid & air(?)) and another spot where a small black dirt got trapped between the tint and the glass.

I went back today and showed the problem to the person who installed it. He said : "Bilad niyo pa sa araw, mawawala din yun basa sa loob at didikit din" and "Hindi talga minsan maiwasan malagyan ng dumi pag dikit". And "Hindi magkaka problema yan, pinapalitan usually yung may bubble sa gilid".

So, I'm planning to wait a few more days to see what happens. But I'd like to ask you if what he said was true and if that is acceptable. And also, if I pursue to ask them to re-tint my windshield (as a back-job, free of charge), are those 2 spots enough to qualify it as a back-job? I found scratches and small "tupi", but they are not on center, so i mind it less.

The shop is one of the well-know ones in banawe(based on threads here)and i find the tinting, average-good in general, except ofcourse on my windshield.

Any tips/recommendations? Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Ummm... correct me if I'm wrong but...

From my experience, though those little bubbles DO compact after exposure to sunlight.... most of them "sink" to the tint... parang peklat ng pimple na pinutok.

Naka 2 back jobs na ako sa tinter ko, meron pa ring ganon.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    From my experience, though those little bubbles DO compact after exposure to sunlight.... most of them "sink" to the tint... parang peklat ng pimple na pinutok.

Naka 2 back jobs na ako sa tinter ko, meron pa ring ganon.
    Dati nung may tint pa car ko..Nagkaroon din ako nung mga bubbles pero nung binalik ko.Inayos nila pero wala pa rin nangyari.Ayaw nila palitan yung tint..Kainis nga eh...Nagpatint ako sa may motortown...Kainis talaga...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    * ajb0613

back-job yan, ibalik mo sa kanila hanggang maayos nila.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mawawala din yan.. ganyan din ako nun nagpatint.. pero nawala din sa huli

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung sakin dati me konting maliliit na bubles din pero it takes weeks para mawala sya. hintay ka pa siguro ng ilang araw bago ibalik para wala na silang katwiran. Anyway, me warranty naman yan di ba?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ibilad mo sa araw yung bago mong tint. Wala agad yang bubbles na yan after a day na mabilad sa araw yung sasakyan mo. Gnayang ang ginawa ko ng nag patint ako sa Winterpine last April 15. Ang dami ng small bubbles sa harap (~15 small bubbles). Pagkatapos mabilad yung wheel ko sa araw for a around half day of use wala na yung bubbles.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So kung may mga angat/bula na portions sa edges (mga 1" long), pwede kong papalitan?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    excessive bubbles. i had the same problem with the dmax's rear windscreen, however, i had it replaced the whole portion without a fee. as with the civic's i got no problem with the tint even if it was installed 7 years ago.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Update lang - the small bubble filled with white liquid dried out this week, may mark na lang siya na noticable but you have to look closely. It doesnt bother me while driving.

The dirt and "tupi" is stil there and some round marks. Pero I didn't go back anymore, I guess satisfied na rin ako. Salamat sa replies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
what qualifies as back-job sa tinting?