New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm talking about the Mitsubishi Galant. It seems that it has quietly disappeared from mitsu's lineup. The VR6 was such a nice car. Nobody seemed to have noticed this disappearance. Any news folks?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ba meron pa? Ewan ko lang kung old stocks yun. Meron pa kasi akong nakitang walang plaka, eh.

Slow sales really crippled it. Halos kapresyo na ng Cefiro which has significantly more content and the Camry na kahit bare ay riding naman on the Toyota badge of reliability.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the galant VR was meant to compete directly with the nissan cefiro, another V6 engined midsize sedan.

and of course, the cefiro ate it up in terms of sales.

even though the galant's V6 is more powerful and torquier than the previous cefiro, the cefiro's main selling point was it's engine refinement.

when it comes to features, no contest ang galant.

correction: hindi dapat VR6 ang badge sa galant. VR lang. the VR6 is a volkswagen engine. :P

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pogi pa naman ng Galant. Balita is phased out sa Phil. market ang Galant due to poor sales. Pana panahon yan. Dati ang Altima kamote sa sales compared sa mga Galant. Sana ibalik nila balang araw.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wag naman sana i-phase out yang Galant dito sa atin. 70's pa meron na niyan dito, remember the Colt Galant nung Chrysler at yung sumunod na Galant Sigma, very popular during those days.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung Sigma meron kami niyan dati. Tapos yung Super Saloon na '94 naman. Hay, the good old days...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sayang...... i have always liked the galant. Always one of the sportier mid-size sedans.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think they still have the 2.0L version available, that was last year at the least since my friend got one around that time. They probably pulled out the 2.5 V6 VR model becuase the tax and costs for a engine of that displacment probably made it unfeasible to sell competitively.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang pagkakaalam ko meron pa ah. wala na ba? sayang ang ganda pa naman nung harap nung bagong galang (yung pating yata yun kung tawagin.)

i have also checked out the Mitsubishi Philippines site, and it seems minamarket pa nila to locally. di ko lang alam kung old stocks na nga ito.

What happened to this car?