New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    isn't there another local indonesian car brand competing with proton? i read a feature on this nto so long ago, comparing the two companies.
    are you talking about the "TIMOR"? they assemble Kia based car. The last time I heard about this Indonesian car manufacturer was they were assembling Kia Sephia based Timor cars. Then my friend who studied in Jakarta told me that there was a time some protesters burned these cars for some reason.
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; June 15th, 2006 at 08:19 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm, parang hindi timor ung name e...or maybe they changed it after that mess with east timor

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yung planta na yun sa Alaminos as i remember sa isa pang Forum...ay malaking scam...

di lang ata Proton naloko dun pati ata Audi at Volks.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    e, yun nga yun eh... Lancer sya basically... so, siguro inisip na lang ng mga buyers na Lancer na lang ang bilhin.
    hehe, good point

maybe they were thinking na baka makalusot lang naman, like yung daewoo na ngayon with the chevrolet optra(daming benta).

but do the analogy
    cielo:optra
    wira:lancer

LANCER nko huhh...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    actually

Nubira=Optra

what differs between Optra and the Wira is that the former isnt sold when Daewoo was still around. with the Wira, it even competed for sales against the Lancer. ;)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    isn't there another local indonesian car brand competing with proton? i read a feature on this nto so long ago, comparing the two companies.
    baka ito yung ssangyong which assembled the musso and mb100.

regarding the wira, ang alam ko ginamit pangrally yung liftback version as part of their marketing campaign. nadisplay pa nga yun sa showroom nila sa may edsa-pioneer. ang mali din kasi nila e yung price. di sya ganun kacompetitive considering its brand. pero personally it looked better than the lancer at that time. especially the liftback version.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    I often see Proton Wiras with Mitsubishi Lancer Itlog front fascia assembly. Also, there are a couple of Wira taxis plying around the Metro. Do they still have that service center in Guadalupe?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter
    baka ito yung ssangyong which assembled the musso and mb100.

Ssangyong is a Korean Automobile manufacturer

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    They lost Proton
    They lost Alfa Romeo
    They lost Audi to PGA Cars as the official distributor/dealer.

They even lost Tata motors of India. They sold here those Indian assembled SUV's that looked like a Mercedes Benz G-wagen (sort of). Yan yung may malaking "T" sa grill heheheh.

alam ko may brand na TATA pero pick-ups un kanila..

aamin ako, nung tumingin ako ng wira, like a hatch..like to have one as project car, siguro wala namng 50 thou mga preowed nyan.. then project car, 4g63t! and lancer itlog/evo3 look...

alam ko my nilabas silang turbo variant..1.8L turbo! di ko lang alam kung hatch or sa sedan...

nga pala, may corner lamps pa pala ito!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
What happend to proton yun malaysian car