New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Curious lang ako. Sa ibang country, may mga junk yard for cars who sell the parts then crush and sell the metal.Dito parang wala naman ako nakikitang ganoon. So what do they do with the junkers?The only 'car' I know na we sold per kilo was a 1950s car that my late uncle ran without water(!) but by the time it was sold, just about only the chassis was left. Is that how long we really keep cars?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May junkyards din dito. Not as popular lang nga. Saulo is one such place. We were even able to acquire a 1946 Ford from the junkyard to use as a parts car.

When I was a kid, my dad and I used to go to the junkyard a lot. Dun kasi kami kumukuha ng piyesa for his low budget projects and other stuff.

Labor is cheap in the Philippines so most old cars get dismantled instead of being sent to the junkyards as intact units. Unlike in the U.S. where it is the buyer's job to take off the part he intends to purchase.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Old cars here are just left in the backyard and roadside.... then unti unti kinukuha ng mga bakal boys...

Twice already, i sold my old cars sa magbobote....

e yung mga somewhat nadedeclared as wrecked rides saan dinadala kaya? gusto ko makakuha sana ng front half ng liteace...wag lang ung may namatayan... (pati kung may innova diesel na intact ang engine including to dash...hehehe)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What do they do with junk vehicles?

they remove the salvageable parts and sell it...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    e yung mga somewhat nadedeclared as wrecked rides saan dinadala kaya? gusto ko makakuha sana ng front half ng liteace...wag lang ung may namatayan... (pati kung may innova diesel na intact ang engine including to dash...hehehe)
    I think you can find those in insurance companies warehouse or try mo pasyal sa pampanga

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kinakahoy then binebenta as scrap. malaking pera din kahit junk yan.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I know there's money in scraps, pero what about yung mga hindi na mabenta like chassis/frame? Kina crush/melt din ba dito yun?What do they do with the salvageable parts?How much does a whole scrap car go for anyway?

What do they do with junk vehicles?