New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Has anyone ever felt that their cars are not running as fast as what the speedometer displays? I encounter this weird feeling everytime I would speed through roxas boulevard from buendia to edsa. My speedometer is telling me that I'm going around 120 kph, but it doesn't feel like it, compared to going 120 kph in South Superhighway. I'm thinking maybe its the composition of the road that was used in that strip of roxas boulevard, then again maybe I'm wrong. But I only feel that weird feeling in that strip and nowhere else.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    yung crv namin kahit 40 lang akala mo 60 na. sa trooper naman 80 na kaso mabilis pa ata 40kph ng city namin hehe. weird

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Its good to know that Im not the only one who experiences it...lolz...But the really weird thing is that i dont experience it anywhere else, just in roxas boulevard (buendia to edsa). Anywhere else, talagang ramdam yung hatak ng makina.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I believe it's called feedback, which is supposed to be like a safety feature so you don't go too fast. It's different under different cars and/or driving conditions, but the speedo should be more objective.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Someone told me that it might be caused by the suspension springs, somehow maybe the tires don't grip the road that well... Any ideas where i can get better lowering springs and how much it would cost?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sa tingin ko subjective lang. Sa ordinary road, makaswerte kang maka 60kmh, ang bilis na ng feeling. Sa HW, ang bagal2x ng 60. Para bang if u get conditioned to a particular speed, at biglang nabago, ramdam2x mo cya.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    suspension and tires yan. and barely aero design...

if it is a a/t naman... don't believe your hatak feeling... some a/t are soft. while some have good kicks on start, but picking-up speed is a different story...

judging speed from a driver perspective or outside view is a skill... most of us are 3D blind.
    Last edited by rion; August 14th, 2007 at 12:54 AM.

weird car performance