New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    just thought about this while going to work; sa kahaba habang panahon that we've been using electronics sa cars, ba't parang wala pang nakakaisip ng paraan to make it less susceptible to water/floods -- or, at the very least, make them less susceptible to getting fried? i.e. something as basic siguro as having some sort of water/moisture sensor that'll kill the ECU pag tipong aapawan na ng tubig...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    back in my RC car days... we placed all electronic parts inside a rubber bag/balloon and tied the openning with a nylon tie.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, an ECU can be fried din kasi if one of the sensors short out, wala namang fuse kasi kada sensor kaya if the component gets fried, the ECU can too.

Happened to a friend's car before, nasira knock and maf sensor and the ecu followed a week after.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    pero di ba pwede lagyan ng fuse ung bawa't sensor?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm, i doubt it... if pwede linagyan na nila yan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Off-roaders usually relocate them. Though hindi ito problema sa Pajero because you'd have to sink the dashboard before the ECU gets wet [ECU resides behind glovebox door].

Don't seal it up too much. Kailangan din ng labasan ng init ng ECU.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    nice...kaya pala i see some pics sa pocuk.com of pajeros with the hood submerged na...and still going. :D

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, that's the main reason they're not waterproof... heat buildup... and the fact that fried sensors and shorts can also fry the ECU.

Would be nice if they mounted them higher, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

water proofing ECUs