New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    But the tests in the developed markets (FIRST WORLD) get stricter and stricter as time passes... Would they pass now with the stricter standards?
    Let's just say we do not have to copy everything from the first world. And not everything that comes from the first world is what's best for everyone. And that's what I like about our local market. We get the freedom to choose if we want legislative or non-legislative vehicles. And for this reason my relatives in the States are so green with envy that you can just walk to a local Land Rover dealer, give them your Pesos, and drive off in a Land Rover Defender. A vehicle that has NOT COMPLIED with U.S. NHTSA regulations since 1995 or so.

These fact that the Hiace is still being sold in Oz means it is still passing current commercial vehicle standards. Some aspects of which can be even more strict than what a regular joe sedan needs to comply with. When was the last time a market required an emergency exit on a Ford Fiesta? In some markets, vans in the Hiace's class are required to have one. A fixed barrier crash test is one aspect of making a vehicle pass local safety legislation. There are quite a number of other things which are less apparent but are of importance, too.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    new thread, new thread!

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hahaha

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Oh wow bros,- you got me thinking here with one of our vans....

12.9K:foshizzle:

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    kaya ako ayoko na sumakay sa harap ng van na walang nguso.. ilan na nakita ko ipit lagi ang legs

may nakakita ba sa inyo nung L300 versa sa may bandang tarlac na nakatabi nitong holyweek? siguradong naipit legs ng driver

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGF View Post
    kaya ako ayoko na sumakay sa harap ng van na walang nguso.. ilan na nakita ko ipit lagi ang legs

may nakakita ba sa inyo nung L300 versa sa may bandang tarlac na nakatabi nitong holyweek? siguradong naipit legs ng driver
    hahaha hindi ako uupo sa likod ng van na walang nguso kapag hindi Hi-Ace grandia yung sasakyan.

note : ang toyota alphard, may nguso. ang hyundai starex, may nguso. haha.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    damay na natin yung urvan ala nguso

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    mukhang ang nipis ng kaha ng hiace baka makapal pa ang yero ng mmda portalet. yung 80's na hiace namin nahirapang cuttingin yung kalawang part ng hiace eh takaw accetylene kung baga.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Van Safety