New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dhel View Post
    Its black... plan to repaint it... say... bright red or the signal GT-R and Z color shifting paint.. but I think the paint brand Japs used there is a nippon- Maziora. Do we have it here?
    good luck with that Maziora is not available here. if you are referring to the Signal Auto Z with its Purple Flip flop paint. Dupont can take care of you as ofr tuning.

DMF is a veteran when it comes to tuning SR20DET and more They are popular with the Drifting Crowd

You can check out my mother shop (where i get everything done plus they are really good friends of mine) H3 Autoworks (responsible for the Starbright Supra last Transportshow 07 and some other showcars and racecars in the metropolis.) I'm sure Papa bong can hook you up. 09178502088
    Last edited by FerioEG9Boi; September 26th, 2007 at 02:10 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Our bros here are all right DMF knows the SR20 motor well... you can also try hooking up with silvia club Phils. or the team revtech, they're a known group of street racers and tuners that mostly consists of Sen (that had been turned to Sen SE-Rs thru engine swaps) and Silvias (from club silvia also)... and oh they even have a skyline in the group!

By the way I love your choice of paint from Maziora... In fact my "lady ricer" sis have this really poster of the Signal GT-R in her room. I saw a similar shade from A-toy, try visiting the shop. By the way A-toy is the no.1 kit makers locally, they are located at west ave. q.c. this shop is an affiliate with speedlab also. They have an existing kit for the S14.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Go with SpeedyFix. They cater to Club Silvia's maintenance and performance needs

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Hello guys,

any feedback on ORANGE performance? They are the officual ecutek distributor and tuner in the country but it's also a bit pricey. Sulit kaya yun?

any alternatives? Autoplus can't tune it unless I install a chip or e-manage. Ecutek is a custom reflash.

I'm done doing my bolt ons so it's time to tune. thanks!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    old schooler's tuner:

* 2TG/18RG/K Modification, Rebuilding and Tuning
    * WEBER and other side draught carburetor tuning
    * Cylinder head Port & Polish

AFAIK the owner was trainned by TRD way back in the 70's.

His son is in US -
    373 W. Palmer St. unit A
    Glendale, Ca 91204

But they still have a shop in Banawe Area, Quezon City. Same street ng Ichiban if I'm not mistaken.

email: qc_autosports*yahoo.com

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver View Post
    Hello guys,

any feedback on ORANGE performance? They are the officual ecutek distributor and tuner in the country but it's also a bit pricey. Sulit kaya yun?

any alternatives? Autoplus can't tune it unless I install a chip or e-manage. Ecutek is a custom reflash.

Ecutek?

Never heard... but if it's stock ECU re-tuning, it's a bit limited compared to buying a piggyback or a standalone. Piggybacks like E-Manage or Unichip have more functionality, while standalones (Microtech from Australia is good... but it'll set you back 50-60k pesos... ) will basically change the way your engine runs.

Reprogrammed stock ECU tunes, however, will be able to give you smoother running and a bump in power without affecting your warranty. They'll be limited by the ability of the stock ECU to implement changes, though. (but most piggyback are likewise limited anyway, unless you buy new sensors).

Autotechnicka also claims to be able to do ECU-re-tuning. I haven't tried it, though, so I can't say how good it is.

I'm currently testing Speedlab's Unichip. But due to a problem with gas (put unleaded in instead of high octane ), we haven't finished tuning.

Kung bolt-ons ka lang (no cams), gains from any of these options should net you maybe 6-10 whp (15 if you're lucky) in the midrange, and about 3-7 whp at the top (limited by how good your engine breathes, that's why I'm asking about cams). With cams and cam-gears, you can get a heck of a lot more pa, if tuned right.

The important thing about reprogramming or chipping is that you watch what they do, and make sure they do a proper dyno tune and leave a safe cushion for your engine (not too lean, not too rich) so it doesn't toast itself after a few thousand kilometers.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver View Post
    Hello guys,

BD please check www.subaruclub.ph. The part owner is a member plus others can give you some insights re: your queries, although konti lang tao don, but it will surely help. i'm planning to bring my Subbie to him for ECU remap, exhaust and some internal mods.
    Last edited by yuichi; October 1st, 2007 at 01:34 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hey, word up on ECUTEK... magkano ba reprog? Sa AT, mga 30k, pero di ko alam ang system nila.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    salamat sa answers guys

kinda pricey but evo owners in evolutionm.net have good reviews for it.

thanks!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hey Guys! It's been a while huh? kinda busy with my proj. "angry S14" lately.. anyways my neighbor / friend which I have convinced lately to become a SeRius tuner had this problem-- he had this sleek B13 which will have an engine swap soon... with either an SR16 or an SR20.

I gave him some facts I've learned back when I was still in U.S, but mostly about Se-R engines (SR20) because that's whats rather popular there.. but I also know for a fact that the rare JDM 197hp all-N.A 1.6L SR16 engine is a damn powerfull cookie (the most hp output of a 1.6 N.A engine during it's time), I actually remember back in Cali where Civic type R boy ricers usually avoid encounters to Sentras with this powerplant on. I think it's one of the strongest N.A engine of all time.

So guys a li'l help pls.?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Tuner's Lounge- What's the best tuner shop around?