New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kinda hard to believe 20 bhp with just the induction kit, even with an AFC. 80 hp seems kind of low for a baseline dyno... I'd expect it to be around 90 whp on the Dynojet (around what the Vios dynos at).

Oh... okay... have to take the dyno in the context of the article.

http://asia.vtec.net/hardcore/JazzPower1/

The 80 ps is from a CVT equipped 1.5 in need of an oil change. MT's dyno around 90 hp.

95.71 ps is pretty decent, considering the owner couldn't use an open air filter. But it's not just an intake mod, the guy has headers, an exhaust, a port and polish and some balancing done. That'd probably be 5 ps from the headers, 5 ps from the exhaust, about 3 from the intake and 3 from the port and polish.

Autoplus carries SAFCs and VTEC-controllers. Speedlab carreis the Unichip that carries more functionality. I think Autoplus or Emperor carry the HKS or K&N induction kits for the Jazz. Speedlab is working on a Jazz turbo kit (intended for package sale) while I think Emperor has already done something similar.

I'd prefer a Unichip or a Greddy E-manage over the S-AFC. Depends on how much you want.

If you've got a manual transmission, it should dyno around 90 whp. With a full intake (in-bay short-ram) and exhaust, (plus catalytic converter removal), maybe just over 100 -105 whp. Add engine management, and 105-110 whp should be possible. 110 whp is terrific... that's about what a 1.8 Civic (purportedly 140 bhp) produces.

But with management and a well-designed exhaust, maybe even the CVT can get to 100 whp.

I'd budget about 30k pesos for engine management. Original intake and exhaust parts will cost a heck of a lot, but you can get a full custom exhaust at a local place (mandrel bent, TIG welded) for another 40k (including headers). The intakes are also expensive, but if you can find a Simota tube and heat shield for the Jazz, you can match it with a K&N or Apex-i filter head.
    Last edited by niky; September 2nd, 2007 at 03:56 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hey guys where can I find a damn good tune shop that can convert a matic silvia S14 to a manual transmi!? Just got a call from my uncle... mukhang payag na ibenta he's silvia to me!! my soon to be project car!!!.. I hope

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dhel View Post
    hey guys where can I find a damn good tune shop that can convert a matic silvia S14 to a manual transmi!? Just got a call from my uncle... mukhang payag na ibenta he's silvia to me!! my soon to be project car!!!
    SpeedLab might be able to do it.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Try Fusion R or DMF... they're familiar with the engine.

But Speedlab or any other reputable shop should be able to do it. It's a common conversion. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Guys where is "ganbare"? I heard they are good in fine tuning nissans...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Try mo din kay speedyfix may silvia ata yung owner nun. If not you can try to access club silvia. My friend had his silvia converted to manual kasi bumigay na ata yung a/t niya.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Ganbare is the tuning division of nissan commonwealth.

For your mt conversion, try mo Speedyfix sa Shaw Blvd, DMF in Katipunan or Kanzai sa Araneta Ave.

Goodluck in acquiring your uncle's silvia. Btw what color? Sigurado ako maraming ka ng piyesa nagaabang jan hehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Test drived it already... everythings fine pa naman, boost is ok (ganda ng tunog!). but again its matic.

Its black... plan to repaint it... say... bright red or the signal GT-R and Z color shifting paint.. but I think the paint brand Japs used there is a nippon- Maziora. Do we have it here?

As for the parts, plan to look around in the shops you guys mentioned and acquire some also back in Cali with the help of my pinoy tuner friends there (bumabaha ng performance parts there ).

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Ayun pala you got an answer na from Henderson. hehehe dame alam niyan sa silvia! If you saw how his silvia looks before and compare to how it looks now, grabe bow ako! hehehe mean looking red silvia!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dhel View Post
    ...As for the parts, plan to look around in the shops you guys mentioned and acquire some also back in Cali with the help of my pinoy tuner friends there (bumabaha ng performance parts there ).
    dhel, be a little careful about parts... the PhDM 200SX (yun ba yung sa uncle mo?) is a SR20DET JDM-spec unit na factory LHD - meaning some of its parts are so unique na hindi kakasya mga USDM or even JDM-sourced spare/aftermarket parts.

Yung PhDM is actually one of the rarest S14s in the world...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Tuner's Lounge- What's the best tuner shop around?