New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Good day everyone.
    I am planning to buy my first car in a couple of days. First car so medyo wala pang alam sa mundo. My budget is from 130-150k. Preferably 94 up, if possible. Is there something out there that fits into that budget?
    Your responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    imho, kung second hand car, go for the ones with tons of spare parts, i.e. toyota...pero at that price range baka '89-'92 corolla bagsak mo...canvass mo na lang, baka me mahanap kang big body 93 n above na XL/XE

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pst hoy,
    i dont know the current prices for cars
    since newbie ka sa cars kamo, why dont you bring a trusty mechanic/a friend who knows cars/carfreak like OTEP who can check the car you are eyeing at.

madaming mang gagancho ngayon, mas ok kung kilala mo yung buyer para sa history ng car.

kung sedan, try TOYOTA tested na reliability nito.

goodluck and drive carefully,

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    nissan sentra lec swak dyan dagdag lng cguro knti or lancer itlog.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or a mazda 323 sedan (box type)!!! swack sa budget yan...

pero if it is your first time to own a car, i suggest that you get a toyota. all mechanics out there can tinker with your ride and parts is cheap.

the downside is that there is just too much toyotas here in the phil! hehehe!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung ok lang sa iyo ang 1.3L na oto, pwede mong iconsider 95-96 corolla xl or xe or yung mas naunang model na 1.6GL corolla

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa budget mo you can get a 94-96 mistsu lancer (egg)
    na EL (1.3) model or a GLi (1.5).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung friend ko binebenta nya galant mpi nya... 1991 or 1992 yata eh.. kulay silver na matic... sabi nya sakin 165t. i duno lang kung ibaba nya pa... private mesage mo nalang ako for his number. at least dun 1st owner and kung bibilhin mo sakanya direct buyer... wala na ahente... hehe... oys... ndi ako mangongomisyon ha! hehhe.... just want to help him sell his car.. hehehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by pst_hoy
    Good day everyone.
    I am planning to buy my first car in a couple of days. First car so medyo wala pang alam sa mundo. My budget is from 130-150k. Preferably 94 up, if possible. Is there something out there that fits into that budget?
    Your responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    You can get the later model Nissan Sentra 1.6 ECCS (series 2). Its the one with factory Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS). I think its a 95 model of the series 2. Stock version comes with 14 inch mags and power steering, power door lock (speed sensing), power windows and power assisted brakes.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With the sentra series 2... you'll have different possibilities for mods too.

-looks (body kit, lowering, sunroof, SE-R look, etc)
    -audio (subwoofers, amps, etc)
    -power (bolt-on IHE mods, turbo, engine swap to SR20DE or DET)

Bolt-on IHE mods can achieve 125HP (from stock 110HP) but fuel milage will go down.

Bolt-on turbo was available from taiwan based around a garret turbo. Power increase would be between 150 to 160HP.

Engine swap gives you 140 to 145HP from the SR20DE. SR20DET gives you 190 to 200HP stock.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 20th, 2004 at 10:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tsikot Suggestion - 130 to 150K Budget