New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Why do dogs like to urinate on our car's rims/tires? Since urine is low in PH or acidic, nakakasira sa steel or mag wheels natin. What is it with tires anyway? And is there anyway to stop it? I've heard to use spirit of ammonia, but that's another chemical, I don't know how it would affect our rims.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    To tell everyone that it's their territory......

Besides, it's a warm and fuzzy feeling....

2101:banana2:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i think it's because tires roll everywhere thus take in lots of scents from different places. so a tire, for a dog, represents a large territory thus they have to pee on it...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blutut View Post
    so a tire, for a dog, represents a large territory thus they have to pee on it...
    Something tells me dogs are not that intelligent to think of a tire like that...

The same reason they pee in the same spot of the house/garage/garden. It has to be implanted to the ground, I mean why don't dogs pee on the doors of the car, for example?

Once a tire has been peed on by a dog, other dogs will recognize it and they will try to mark their own territory by peeing on it. Then the cycle continues, and you have a stinky tire at the end of the day.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Try this -- it's pretty comprehensive. http://www.paw-rescue.org/PAW/PETTIP...ip_Marking.php

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hahaha constant problem with the dogs. pag umihi yung isa dun sa tire A for example, ihi din si Dog2. tapos si Dog1 ulit. kakainis kasi dumudumi pero aso e.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Something tells me dogs are not that intelligent to think of a tire like that...

The same reason they pee in the same spot of the house/garage/garden. It has to be implanted to the ground, I mean why don't dogs pee on the doors of the car, for example?

Once a tire has been peed on by a dog, other dogs will recognize it and they will try to mark their own territory by peeing on it. Then the cycle continues, and you have a stinky tire at the end of the day.
    Marking their turf is something dogs simply do. It's in their genes. Same thing with pooping at the same spot. That was easy enough to explain.

What I can't explain is why some dogs will try to hump your leg like the time when my rott tried to hump my leg. Must be the worn out Levis jeans.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    marking their territory, afaik

in fact, the two dogs we have go on a literal pissing contest; kapag me pumasok na kotse sa garahe, one dog will immediately pee on the wheels, only to be followed by the other dog, who will pee on the same wheel, hangga't magsawa sila sa isa't isa. a vicious and smelly cycle

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ganun din naman tayo pag inabutan sa kalsada at wala na choice, umiihi din tayo sa tires.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hmmm. Is there any particular spray or powder that will discourage a mutt from taking a wheez on my car's tires?

ganun din naman tayo pag inabutan sa kalsada at wala na choice, umiihi din tayo sa tires
    I peferred a fence or electric power pole. Something tall enough to hide my shame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trivia question. Why do dogs like to...