New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hi,

I've been searching the threads here for mods that could void the warranty of your car, and there's a lot of conflicting claims. One issue I'm interested in is, car alarm/keyless entry system. There's even one that says that changing the mags will void warranty too. WTF! :waah: Could somebody enlighten me on this?

As a second sub-topic, what are your personal experiences about it? Some of the most common mods are sound system(head unit and speakers), horns, alarms, tyres and mags. What happens if you do mods, and have casa maintain your car?

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Ex. If you change mags, say from 14" to 18", then complain of suspension harshness, tatag, or noise or shocks are shot... well, that won't work.

But if you happen to change from 15" OEM mags to 17" OEM mags, eh no worries. (In the case of my oem 15" mazda3 hatch mags upgraded to 17" OEM 2.0R mags)...and then I clam the shocks are shot... warranty claim lang yun.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Honda, every PMS, lists down all non-Honda parts found in your car...(like Tanabe springs, shocks...etc..) and anything that gets affected by them voids that warranty...not the whole car of course...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But note, if you buy those aftermarket stuff from them, kahit mag Khaos or equivalent ka di void ang warranty sa dealer... Labo no?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ang void ng warranty e kung ang cause ng sira e dahil sa mods na nilagay mo. hindi nila pwedeng i void ang warranty ng transmission kung naglagay ka ng aftermarket rims. o kaya e di nila pwedeng ivoid ang warranty ng electrical ng oto mo kung naglagay ka ng cold air intake. same thing goes with pagnagpalit ka ng aftermarket exhaust di nila pwedeng ivoid and warranty ng engine pero kung naglagay ka ng aftermarket cams sa engine mo and your engine breaks down then yung warranty mo e void oks ba yung explanation ko?
    some aftermarket parts wont void your warranty. like nissan, you can install S spec "NISMO" suspension and not void the warranty of any of the suspension parts.
    Last edited by gwapito69; February 7th, 2006 at 01:19 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I think its their(casa) protection as well from the lower prices the aftermarket shops offer if you were to buy the same equipment from the dealer. It keeps the casa competitive with other shops in terms or accessories. Yun yung catch pag bumili ka sa casa, mahal pero may warranty di lang sa accessory kundi pati kotse. Kung sa iba ka bumili, mura nga pero di na sagot ng casa pag nasira kotse mo - kahit hindi yun ang true cause ng pagkasira pero clarify mo na lang sa service advisor mo or sa agent and document it.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    But note, if you buy those aftermarket stuff from them, kahit mag Khaos or equivalent ka di void ang warranty sa dealer... Labo no?
    Ah... pero claims for engine damage goes straight to the head office and is not decided at the dealership (expensive kasi) and the head office won't honor the warranty, even if the dealership was the one that installed the Khaos... :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Korek! Plus, yung mga products na offer nila ang mahal na, pangit pa features. For the cost they're selling it, you can get the top of the line or somewhere near it.

So, what is the general practice for you people regarding alarms/keyless entry? Casa o Car shops na lang?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Ah... pero claims for engine damage goes straight to the head office and is not decided at the dealership (expensive kasi) and the head office won't honor the warranty, even if the dealership was the one that installed the Khaos...
    Ganyan sabi ng SA ko on my brake squeaking problem when I asked him about the best and worst case solution. They will honor the warranty at first, syempre since cheap replacements and repairs ang gagawin nila muna. If it requires more expensive repairs and replacement, planta un magdedecide daw. And the process is not easy, someone in charge on warranty(from the plant) will come to the dealer on scheduled basis. He will test the car, submit a report, check the analysis ek ek blah etc which takes alot of time. kung engine problem at isa lang kotse mo, its a big head ache.

Quote Originally Posted by IceT
    Korek! Plus, yung mga products na offer nila ang mahal na, pangit pa features. For the cost they're selling it, you can get the top of the line or somewhere near it.

So, what is the general practice for you people regarding alarms/keyless entry? Casa o Car shops na lang?

sa kin, I waited for around 6 months or so before I installed an aftermarket car alarm on a new car. I wanted to make sure walang problems na lumabas in the first few months of ownership on things like locking mechanism or something related to the vehicle security system that may need a warranty claim. sayang din kase.

mahal sa casa accessories, atsaka onti lang choices dun. mas ok talaga aftermarket shops like banawe. anong alarm plano mo?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo
    sa kin, I waited for around 6 months or so before I installed an aftermarket car alarm on a new car. I wanted to make sure walang problems na lumabas in the first few months of ownership on things like locking mechanism or something related to the vehicle security system that may need a warranty claim. sayang din kase.

mahal sa casa accessories, atsaka onti lang choices dun. mas ok talaga aftermarket shops like banawe. anong alarm plano mo?
    I'll probably do the same thing. Antay ng konti, while testing the car thoroughly. Medyo nakakatakot nga lang kasi walang alarm yung car for the meantime.

Re: kind of alarm. I'm doing my research now. Autopage/Clifford looks good, but I need to do more thinking. Baka naman hindi ko kailangan yung extra features. Sayang lang. Kung basic features nga lang, baka Code/Cobra/Venom pwede na. Okay naman daw ang mga ito. Anyway, mahaba pa naman ang panahon ko eh.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Things that could void warranty