New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe a good solar charger or biogas powered charger for the battery will make it worthy...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    1.145 km/MJ ...

assuming for Philippines, energy cost is P10/kWh, and P42/li for gasoline ...

1.145 km/MJ is equivalent to 17.3 km/li

am i missing something here?

if your computation is correct... You can get 17.3 km/L in a car that would rival a Porsche or Ferrari in looks and performance and still be environmentally friendly by having zero emissions (except for the tire smoke).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I want one. :drool:

iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yes, I think I saw this car in the last part of "Who killed the Electric Car" documentary.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    if your computation is correct... You can get 17.3 km/L in a car that would rival a Porsche or Ferrari in looks and performance and still be environmentally friendly by having zero emissions (except for the tire smoke).
    It's only zero emissions if the place you live in gets it's electricity from solar or windmill generated sources. Otherwise, if it's from fossil fuel like most of the power plants in the Philippines then you just moved the exhaust pipe from the car to the power plant.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow almost 6 figures USD for the Tesla Roadster

panu kung meron ka nyan tapos panay brownout/blackout naman sa region nyo? :hihihi:

also how much is electricity in the Philippines? how much cheaper is the cost of ownership vs. gas burners?

regardless it is a step in the right direction and to end world reliance on oil and OPEC....now if they could hurry up production of the Tesla coil (a la C&C) so i can put one in my front yard and zap passing bike riders :devil:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Tesla Car: 0-100kph in 3 secs