New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I just purchased a 1.5 AT 2007 Toyota Vios via in-house financing. Upon reading and signing the necessary papers, I asked if I can get a copy of each and every contract that I signed but the Toyota rep informed me that they do not give out copies to their customers. This is my first time purchasing a car and I don't know if I should demand for it or it's just the way it works. Please advise.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Labo. You should have a copy of the contract, it's an agreement between you and them. Tried asking to speak to the manager? Or dropped something along the lines of "please speak to my attorney"?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You are entitled to a copy of your loan documents from your financing company. Baka hindi pa lang maibigay kasi ipapa-notaryo pa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    You are entitled to a copy of your loan documents from your financing company. Baka hindi pa lang maibigay kasi ipapa-notaryo pa.
    baka nga pinapanotaryo pa.
    but yes, the contract signifies your agreement with the other party. you should be informed of that agreement by giving you a copy of the contract.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    What we normally do for the client's piece of mind is to provide him a copy of the un-notarized chattel mortgage agreement, while we notarize the other copies. Pag na-notaryo na, we tell him to bring over his un-notarized copy, tapos binibigyan na namin siya ng napa-notaryo na (while we notarize his copy he got earlier...malabo ba? hehehe).

May ibang kliyente kasi, gusto agad may copy kahit wala pang notaryo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat meron ka lahat copy....tawagan mo and linawin mo na lang sa kanila

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Yes, I find it strange why they won't give me copies. Also, after paying the downpayment, chattel, etc., they issued me a receipt which is not even machine validated. Only the cashier's signature is affixed and details of payment. This is the Toyota Marikina dealership by the way.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    this is odd indeed. kaya nga madami copies ang pinipirmahan client coz one of those should be theirs. although bank financed ako, all copies were facilitated to me. try to follow it up importante may kopya ka ng mga documents na yun either kailanganin mo s future o hindi.

Terms of contract, di ba talaga nagbibigay ng copy?