New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    by 2010 pa mararamdaman ang significant reduction of prices of CBUs from Japan. from the present 30% to 29,26,23,20 then 0% in 2010. kaya mahaba habang panahon na pag ipon pa ito

the tariff reduction is signed by Philippines and Japan only, so it's obvious na hindi kasama Korea dito.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think everyone is rejoicing about this fact pero in the long run... its another drain to the economy... lalabas na naman ang dollars sa bansa... no more reason to manufacture cars here in the philippines... import na lang tayo ng import... This surely will be death to local auto manufacturing...

Sana puro hi-end lang ang ipasok tapos yung mga standard bread & butter models e dito pa rin ang manufacturing & assembly tapos ma-export natin to...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Good, that means cheaper jap performance cars... evo's, sti's, mr2, sylvia, etc

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    good news... sana di mapurnada ito. 3.5 years!!! sandali lang to. by that time, sana makakita tayo ng 2m or at least 2.2m pajeros, 2m evos etc. ipon-ipon, hehehe....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    3.5 years? aba nurse nako nyan ah.. dami nako money pambili ng dream cars!Ü

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sandali na lang ito. Kahit 2 years from now mararamdaman na natin ang pagbaba ng presyo. Kawawa ang mga Korean and American makes sa Pinas.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    wahehehe.. mababa nga presyo ng auto.. isipin nyo naman gas.. by year 2010 bka 250/L na gas! wahehehe.. sana bumaba naman maging 13pesos ulit!!!Ü

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Manila is also expected to reduce tariffs on completely built-up automobile units with engine displacements of three liters and below by one percent or to 29 percent this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Just imagine kung magkano na lang pag zero tax yung executive Japanese sedans e.g. Accord, Camry, Mazda 6.

Hmmmm..... Pag pumasok ang Lexus, then sunod naman nyan for sure ang Acura. Then the Infiniti. The consumer wins!
    By that time kaya 3.0L and below pa rin ang mga makina nila? Pinangunahan na ng Camry sa paglabas ng 3.5 V6 variant.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good point. Pero I think the high end variants lang will have displacements over 3 liters, the mid and especially the base models for sure below 3 liters.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    3 years na lang... sandali na lang to by this time, hopefully my loans are done and I could apply for a new one hehehe

I'm not sure whats the long term economic strategy why we took this deal but I think parang "I scratch your back, you scratch mine" kinda deal. We took out the tarifs on products japan is good at making, and in return Japan took out tarifs on the products we are good at making too. Yun nga lang, baka bumaba or magclose na yun local manufacturing plants(time for workers to be farmers and plant bananas and pineapples hehe) but then again depende parin on how they will evaluate current costs and do forecasting baka naman long term masmalaki yun magkakaroon ng opportunity sa farmers vs those who build the cars... I dont know hehehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Tariff reduction on completely built-up automobile