New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Guys! Do you think having an Aftermarket Tachometer w/ shifting indicator help a driver Drive better. I mean d ba pag over rev or under rev ka nag shift ng Gears masama effect sa ride mo? Helpful ba talaga o porma lang yun?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope. Not unless you dont have a stock tach. Yung shift-lite, hindi mo naman kelangan talaga nun eh. Not unless youre into racing...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does your ride have stock tachometer on? Are you using the vehicle for circuit racing or drag racing besides city driving?

See related thread:

- aftermarket tachometers

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ize_9
    Guys! Do you think having an Aftermarket Tachometer w/ shifting indicator help a driver Drive better. I mean d ba pag over rev or under rev ka nag shift ng Gears masama effect sa ride mo? Helpful ba talaga o porma lang yun?

NO!

If you're into track, only one thing can make you a better driver continuously: PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE!

Shifting and the art of shifting is just one aspect of driving properly.

There are two schools presently in the country providing excellent training: Kookie Ramirez' school in Subic and the Tuason Brothers' School at the Batangas Racetrack (BRC). Kookie has a full day curriculum and that you have to have your own car with you. The Tuason School has a two-day curriculum and that you get to drive their Ford Lynx prepped cars.

My car club has a customized curriculum that Kookie Ramirez will teach this coming April.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Thanx guys! appreciate your comments on this =)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a shiftlight is only useful when you are racing (drag or street or circuit)... otherwise, its just another toy.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    woodfire. what is your car club? and can I join the class mr ramirez prepared for you?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by fundy
    woodfire. what is your car club? and can I join the class mr ramirez prepared for you?

I'm a member of the BMWClubPhils. The driving session I was referring to will be on April 3 at Subic sponsored by the club. It will be presided by Kookie Ramirez. The curriculim was patterned after the driving curriculum of BMW M Sport as requested by the club. The session will be for the whole day.

You can attend the regular school there at Subic if you're not a member of the BMWClub. They are open for enrollment. The Tuason bros. also have an excellent school at Batangas (BRC) and you get to use their Lynx prepped cars.

Tachometers with Shifting indicator