New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Car swap, i mean How does this go? I see swaps options all the time on the classifieds, but don't really know if my assumption about this is right. The one with lower value car just add cash equal to the difference? Or should it be a bit more, especially if he's the one more interested in swapping? How about with same car values but different makes/models/years?

Please enlighten me on this, especially those who have swapped before.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    From what i know, it's how you two deal it out. A friend of mine, swapped her Mitsubishi Galant 98' (full soud setup..dual subs..n rotas)..for a 2000 CR-V (4x4..not that weak 4x2 crap heheh).. she said, they just took each car's bluebook value and she paid the difference. but she didnt pay the full difference, filipino nman tayo..so syempre she asked for a little discount.

When we were In the states, we swapped our old Ford 4d sedan 1990 for a Ford Windstar (minivan).. our car's value was low..n we swapped it for a 96. we just paid the difference over a number of months. But we had to pay a little bit more. i think it took us about 2-3yrs to pay off that car when we bought it in 98. we had to pay a little bit more because we bought it from a used car lot..n we paid it within 2-3yrs..so the interest also had to be counted in.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    so we should give each other deed of sale? or any other document to prove the swap/trade?

Swaps