New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys may problem ako..

tagal ko na hindi ginamit yung car kasi sira.. though i warm it up once in a while naman.

then pinagawa ko na (i even had the radiator drained and replaced with coolant)

but i had to return it next day dahil may back-job na hindi ako nakontento..

the mechanic is only 2kms away. when i had the car lifted, i noticed a few droplets of coolant 'hanging' under the car specifically sa may rack end. i thought bka overflow lang (which is weird in a sense din kasi hindi naman nangyari yun dati). so i dismissed it nalang and drove it home (2kms away lang) after the back-job was addressed.

but in come evening, i noticed a rather big pool stain of coolant na medyo na-absorb na ng cement. so i said "F$*&#!!!"

i quickly checked underneath and saw green coolant at the bottom of the engine specifically along the bolt areas where the engine block meets the oil pan.. i dismissed the the water pump theory coz i ran the engine and saw no leak coming from the pump itself. the leak was definitely coming from somewhere in between the bottom end and the oil pan (i think..)

is this possible? is it also possible that the coolant had mixed with the oil? i checked the dipstick and the oil seems to be normal in color. no sign contamination i think.. (but duh, oil and water don't mix right? )

so what do you think?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    baka naman po di lang nabalik ng maayos yung drain plug, or nagkasira yung plug mismo. nangyari na po sa akin ito, hanap ako ng hanap kung saan nanggagaling yun pala nawala yung rubber seal (parang o-ring) ng plug. yung water from the radiator ay gumagapang sa ibang part kaya aakalain mo na dun nanggagaling yung tulo

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung hindi sa waterpump at radiator drainplug, baka naman may leak or crack na yung mga water hose nung sasakyan mo

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    water hose yan for sure... ipa angat mo ang kotse mo while running the engine... or baka yung mga fittings...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well hopefully piping lang nga... kung sa block yan, for sure mapapagastos ako ng todo-todo niyan... i checked the hoses but they all look fine eh...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka drain plug nga..pero check the bottom hose rin
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

strange leak..