New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Tanong ko lang sa inyo, If you were at my place, would you modify your stock car, if you were given the chance and oppurtunity? At bakit? Walang maling sagot dito kasi kanya-kanyang opinion dito e. Gusto ko lang marinig yung sa inyo. O sige, para fair, una na ako... Ayaw ko. Sleeper car siguro, pwede pa. Pero given the chance and opurtunity, ayaw ko talaga.hehehehhehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if given the opportunity i would... well after the warranty period that is... after you have fully explored the potentials of your car.

modification also has different paths. you may opt for aesthetics, performance, and acoustics.

for aesthestic mods, it should be done tastefully. tacky and ricey cars are already abundant so why add to mess? a friend of mine just showed me his BMW 525 (previous gen) to me. it has the works! it has an all dinan setup, rims, suspension, aerokit, exhaust - and it still looks like a million peso (btw if you are interested in this PM me - what a great bargain!).

for performance mods, i'd just stick with stage 1 mods plus some suspension upgrades. let's face it, manila is just too small and crowded and your regular 1.6L sedan is more than enough for it if driven hard (ala ghosthunter style).

for acoustic mods, this is for tha audiophiles out there - if you are contented with just hearing some music then don't (like me). i'd rather hear the roar of the engine!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If youre the "DIY kind of person. then go right ahead. modifying your car will be another challenge for your DIY skills.

but if you don't know much about cars, better leave it as it is.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm. ako ever since talagang stick ako to stock eh.
    but given the chance now, i would like to do what mazda2 said above, an aesthetic mod. i would like to convert my existing pizza to an evoVII look.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ako aesthetics lang siguro... yung audio/acoustic mods ndi ko sya maappreciate masyado. and with our ride sir mazdamazda, mmasyado malaki gagastusin pag modify mo engine and suspension, plus the fact na madalas na may masisira pag ginawa natin yan..except siguro for cold air intake,para lalung umingay. hehe kaya i would stick to aesthetic mods, ndi naman un chrome rims and all un parang ricey na nga.

yun mods lang na nakakahighlight sa qualities and design ng rides natin... not too flashy

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sir happy_gilmore problema lang pag ginawang evo look, baka mapagkamalan tapos hahamunin ka hehehe...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm more of a fan of performance modifications, especially suspension and acceleration/throttle response mods. not too big a fan of aesthetic mods except for rims and maybe a subtle body kit...used to be an audiophile and spent a lot of money on systems, but i got tired of it after a while.

i would always mod if given the budget and opportunity, but other priorities (house, family, investments) often make the hobby take a back seat...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by pissword
    sir happy_gilmore problema lang pag ginawang evo look, baka mapagkamalan tapos hahamunin ka hehehe...

ok lang yun tol. di ko naman papatulan eh. hehehe.
    yaan mo silang maghamon.

nyway, maski siguro may extra cash, di ko pa rin gagawin yan. i have always find stock cars beautiful. parang natural na natural na pilipina yan na walang make-up o walang retoke sa katawan.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; January 13th, 2004 at 02:50 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as much as possible i want to keep it as stock as possible, i modify only for performance like my mud tires,
    TJM bumpers, suspension lift, etc etc lahat yan may purpose.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hehe... sabihin mo nalang sir happy_gilmore racing paatras.. hehe siguro nga stock nalang wala pang sakit sa ulo specially if under warranty pa.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Stock Cars: To modify or not to modify