New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hi, I just want to know if any of you guys are using it. It's kinda helpful, don't you think on curves, parking, sharp turns? Any good and durable brand you can recommend? and shop to purchase it?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I've read that in some US states, this is illegal. Reasons being that if you get into an accident, the knob can puncture your chest. Also, the knob can catch your sleeve and cause you to lose control.

Of course, some would argue wala naman tayo sa States at walang bawal dito.

Personally, I don't use them.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan View Post
    Hi, I just want to know if any of you guys are using it. It's kinda helpful, don't you think on curves, parking, sharp turns? Any good and durable brand you can recommend? and shop to purchase it?
    i just used this on my B12 Sentra dahil pawis steering yun e. Binili lang sa Concorde, forgot brand and how much, but it was just generic. Matibay naman and it never broke. inalis ko lang kasi parang panget cia for me.

my cousin has one on his mitsu. easy rider ang brand.. alam ko matagal na ren un sa kanya e.. stainless ung clamp, and carbon fiber look ung handle.. dunno how much though.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for the quick replies guys. I just thought it would be convenient to spin the wheel using it, ang dami kasing kurbada dito sa subd namin. Blinded pa curves, di mo alam kung may kasalubong ka.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Bought one before for my B14 Sentra, but it was mainly for holding the steering wheel cover in place, kasi yung nabili kong cover maluwag, hehehe. Never used it much though.

Nanghihinayang kasi ako dahil medyo mahal yung cover.

IMO, it looks out of place and is quite unsightly.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i also think its unsightly. i was aghast when my dad had one installed on his civic ek. i promptly took it out when i borrowed his car.

but if you think its useful for your driving, go right ahead.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    We used one when we had an L-300 and a Canter. But I agree it would look ugly in a sedan.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i think these were originally made for trucks. large steering wheels benefit from these knobs.

the only time i installed mine on a car was when my left arm was in a cast. it helps if you drive one handed, he he he.

i removed it na as soon as my arm got better.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i think these were originally made for trucks. large steering wheels benefit from these knobs.

the only time i installed mine on a car was when my left arm was in a cast. it helps if you drive one handed, he he he.

i removed it na as soon as my arm got better.

yeap large steering wheels only and for the pawis steering too..

but been using pawis steering before, never thought of even touching it at car accessories shops. hehe..

business lang yan.. hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast