New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    GOOD DAY MGA SIR. IM PLANNING TO DO A STAGE 1 UPGRADE. HINGI SANA AKO NG TULONG REGARDING SA PROS AND CONS AND KUNG MAGKANO AABUTIN LAHAT.

IM DRIVING A SENTRA SERIES2. BALAK KO K&N INTAKE, BALAK KO DIN I-UPGRADE ANG PIPINGS KO TO 2 INCHES. ANONG MASASABI NYO REGARDING THIS?

MARAMING SALAMAT AND MORE HP! =)

NGA PALA, A/T ANG KOTSE KO.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unang-una...i-click mo yung CAPS LOCK botton ng key board mo...rude ang all caps on a typical forum like this.

Then, consider mo muna ang actual desire mo why you want to do a Stage 1 upgrade....if you plan to race...forget it....kasi your tranny na A/T won't do you no good (unless steptronic yan).

Then kung ang gusto mo lang naman ay maging isang ganap na riceboy...well it would probably cost you about P10K on the minimum....cone type K&N filters and the mandrell bent pipes that goes well with this (I don't know kung merun pang sentra series 2) would be about P5-7K na dati.

Then upgrading your pipes would mean total fabrication ng headers up to the exhaust. Depende sa brand of exhaust muffler na gagamitin mo and if ang pipe na gusto mo ay ordinary o stainless type...ang price mo can be about P2K (pinakamura kasi generic pipes and muffler at malamang ay hindi mandrel bent) to as high as more than P10K.

Cons...PERA lang siguro, isang malaking gastos.

Pros...a big GRIN on your face when ever you see people stare at you when you pass by them (just don't ask me if they are laughing at you or nabilib sa oto mo, coz I don't know it either). Your car would sound fast (but will really never be that fast enough).

IMO Sentra Series II is a good sleeper car kung naka 1.6L engine ito at manual tranny...pero to convert it to really good fast car (not necessarily racing)...you'd be in for a big gastos lang. I saw one kapitbahay of mine...he added a turbo with intercooler sa series 2 nya...well it was fast and nice and rice looking...but talo pa rin sya ng nakahonda (with similar gastos in mods)...so eventually he sold it and bought a honda.

Why not keep it stock, at most upgrade the airfilter (K&N will have the stock filter malamang...don't go for the cone type).

The best I go would be buy her a new set of shoes (mags and tires) ...lowering it is an option kasi hindi naman practical sa pinas ang lowered.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sorry sir..d na mauulit.. =)

peace

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    thanks sa advise sir..baka bumili din kase ako lowering spring kase putol ako ngayon.

question, ang putol ko ngayon 2 ikot, katumbas ba yun ng 2 inch drop sa lowering spring? kelangan ko ba magpalit shocks o ok lang yung stock for now?

salamat =)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ko alam ang conversion ng # of ikot sa drop mo in inches. it's best to upgrade your shocks to gas charged ones at the very least.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    salamat sa quick reply ssaloon..btw, ano ba oto mo?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    95 galant.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    asteeg sir..naka lowering spring ka? pwede ko ba makuha ym/aim mo? message mo ko kung ok lang ron_raquion YM ko and ronraquion AIM ko sir..

maraming salamat..

mejo madami kase akong tanong bout sa kotse.. =)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    post them here so you can share it with other members. have you tried using the search function? maybe it has already been discussed...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    d ko pa natry search sir..bago lang kase ako dito..sir ano masasabi mo sa first question ko sa thread na to? yung about stage 1 upgrade..2nd opinion lang po sana..

salamat sir

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
stage 1 upgrade (pros and cons)