New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,931
    #21
    there's a bike pedal installed below, probably when the panels fail or when cloudy hehehe just kidding

    anyway most of hte parts either came from a motorcycle or a bike, kaso parang di comfy yung seat, no adjustments and last time i saw wala pang cushioning, plywood palang, i have no doubt the car can make the 3000km ride but can the driver? sobrang basic kasi nung loob to save weight and energy, the driver must be physically and mentally capable for driving long hours

  2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1
    #22
    I believe the batteries and the motor used are all imported. The carbon fiber is locally sourced, same with the solar panels sponsored by sunpower. I think the chairman of the philippine solar car society said that finishing the 3000km race is more of a reality but placing in the top rankings is still possible.

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    301
    #23
    Go Filipinos !!!!

  4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    675
    #24
    Im curious about this: Its a seven-day race. Kailan kumakain at nagC-CR yung driver? Are there breaks, or kanya-kanya na lang silang bathroom break sa side ng kalye (panalo tayo diyan).

    How about at night, do the different contestants push their cars? Is-human-powered vehicles at night allowed?

    Paano yung mga ganun?

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    Im curious about this: Its a seven-day race. Kailan kumakain at nagC-CR yung driver? Are there breaks, or kanya-kanya na lang silang bathroom break sa side ng kalye (panalo tayo diyan).

    How about at night, do the different contestants push their cars? Is-human-powered vehicles at night allowed?

    Paano yung mga ganun?
    Typical solar car race events take place from dawn to dusk. At sunset, the cars are parked at the side of the road, the solar panels are angled to get the last rays of sunlight to charge the batteries. The entire team rests until sunrise.

  6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    116
    #26
    We should be proud of this..Ang pagSINAG ng lahing Pilipino!

  7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,189
    #27
    good luck!! Go NOYPI!

  8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    675
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Typical solar car race events take place from dawn to dusk. At sunset, the cars are parked at the side of the road, the solar panels are angled to get the last rays of sunlight to charge the batteries. The entire team rests until sunrise.
    I see... What does the rest of the team ride on?

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    I see... What does the rest of the team ride on?
    support vehicle typically consists of a van and a sedan. Depends on what the team can afford or require.

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    675
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    support vehicle typically consists of a van and a sedan. Depends on what the team can afford or require.
    That's nice The solar car races have caught my fancy since I saw a feature about it on the old Guiness Book of World Records show so so so many years ago .

    Im actually thinking, instead of creating a car that will slice through the wind, why not make one that will use it as well. Lagyan ng sails yung solar powered car total the body of the sinag was designed by guys who make fiberglass boats

    Make the sails out of clear materials so that the sun rays will still go through them and be absorbed by the solar panels. Dessert yun, kaya Im sure the winds will also be strong I wonder if such a car will be allowed in the race.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
"Sinag" Filipino Solar Car