New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Guys,

What are the signs that the car you are about to purchase is a stolen vehicle?

Im about to buy a 2nd hand car but because of my busy scedule, I wasnt able to verify the car from LTO or Crame.

All I know is that the seller seems like a decent rich guy and that we dealt at his place so I assume the car is clear. Also, the subdivision association knows him.

What do you think?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    mukhang mahirap po yatang makita ang sign kung carnap or hindi ang isang binebentang oto unless dumaan yan sa TMG and maverify sa LTo ang details.Kung busy po talaga kayo bakit di kayo mag appoint ng relative nyo or kapatid na gagawa ng dapat gawin sa pagverify ng bibilhin nyong oto at ng dina po kayo nag aalala pa.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Pag ang price eh sobrang baba sa market value.....

Example: Pag may nagbenta sayo ng 8th generation Civic na 150thou eh matakot ka na :bwahaha:

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Tama si Vtect, appoint mo relatives. Ikaw din, pag nakabili ka ng carnap na sasakyan baka madali kapa ng mga pulis na trigger happy.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I guess ill ask my cuz to do it while I still have time.

But still, would you sell a hot car in your own house? Or would you rather deal in some public places like starbucks etc...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by honismitoy View Post
    I guess ill ask my cuz to do it while I still have time.

But still, would you sell a hot car in your own house? Or would you rather deal in some public places like starbucks etc...
    if you personally know the seller and the car he is selling then you can say the car is clean.mas maganda na po yong nagsisiguro.sa loob nga ng NBI madaming transaksyon na illegal, don pa po kaya sa starbucks?di po kasi nakukuha sa lugar yan or sa hitsura ng seller e kundi sa binebenta nya na pwede namang macheck.pag medyo umaayaw na ipacheck saTMG or sa LTO, aba, yon na ang cue.anyway, it's your call.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    one way din is to check the chassis and engine block number if they have been tampered with. check also the color if it's the same in the registration. kung nag change color, he should have an affidavit attached stating the change of color, notarized and signed by the LTO.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    The term would be Authentication.

The LTO has been doing this before they register any vehicle, even brand new ones. Authentication can also be done by any insurance company of your choice since this is now the pre-requisite when registering ALL types of motor vehicles.

I think that there is a small authentication fee charged by both offices.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    One sign that a car is stolen/hot is when the seller wants to get rid of it fast!
    Otherwise if its ok with him to give you a xerox of documents for you to verify and give you time to do it the car might not be hot.
    This is an advice I keep on saying. Dont be in a hurry to buy/pay for something right away especially a car. Give it a few days if the desire is still there then its for you. Only one fishy or bad sign junk the purchase.
    Check the owners drivers license and check the address if indeed he lives in that subdivision, dapat doon talaga.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Dude,

Tampered Body and Engine number will be a good signs that the car on sale is hot/carnap. Hindi mo naman kasi marerehistro ang isang sasakyan pag may lumabas sa records ng LTO na yung ganung serial numbers ay narehistro na dati o kaya yung mga serial number na nakalagay dun eh hindi nagmatch sa records nila. If the engine is change already, it needs a legal papers at the same time na cleared sa LTO. Kung yung nagbebenta is willing to make transactions sa mismong bahay nila, it will be a good signs na ok yung kotse. If Carnaper yun, di para magpahuli yun sa sariling bahay pa nya. Checking the drivers license will be a good alternative pa rin kung duda ka sa hitsura nung seller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Signs that the car is stolen